recording software

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cakewalk SONAR 8 is a very nice recording program. If you are absolutely dead set on something that doesn't require hardware, though, I would have to recommend Steinberg Cubase 4. It's exceptionally powerful with a nice interface that includes a "virtual control room" eliminating the need for an external mixing board.

The industry standard, as you are well aware, is Pro-tools, however. Your friend should seriously consider getting himself at least an M-box mini recording bundle, as it would cost about the same as SONAR or Cubase.

If he isn't looking at Pro-Tools b/c he thinks it's only for Mac, you guys need to take a second look. Since Apple's switched to Intel, they have had to make huge changes on the software level and b/c of this, the new Pro-Tools IS WINDOWS COMPATIBLE!!!! If you were already aware of this, then Steinberg is my recomendation, then SONAR. Good luck, and happy recording!!

Cakewalk SONAR 8 is a very nice recording program. If you are absolutely dead set on something that doesn't require hardware, though, I would have to recommend Steinberg Cubase 4. It's exceptionally powerful with a nice interface that includes a "virtual control room" eliminating the need for an external mixing board.

The industry standard, as you are well aware, is Pro-tools, however. Your friend should seriously consider getting himself at least an M-box mini recording bundle, as it would cost about the same as SONAR or Cubase.

If he isn't looking at Pro-Tools b/c he thinks it's only for Mac, you guys need to take a second look. Since Apple's switched to Intel, they have had to make huge changes on the software level and b/c of this, the new Pro-Tools IS WINDOWS COMPATIBLE!!!! If you were already aware of this, then Steinberg is my recomendation, then SONAR. Good luck, and happy recording!!

thanks for the info, but my mate already got his room set up *finds pics* i think he is using protools but i am not sure any more.

its a mad room

-mixing desk/mac

-power amp

-turntables/kaoss pad/

-monitors

-about 6 fenders

thanks any way :)