customizing a jagmaster?

Hey im a new member on here, but iv been reading the topics on here for at least a year. Iv been playing guitar for a couple years now but iv never customized one, i have a schecter tempest and a squier jagmaster in the 3 color sunburst. Im wanting to make it look like a kurt cobain jag, so i was wondering if it is possible to put a jag pick guard for two humbuckers on it, with a jag control plate (just for looks) and a jag bridge?, but i was also thinking is it possible to put on the neck binding if the neck dont have binding stock? i really like the look of the binding but i dont know how binding works.

im open for any answeres please help

Thank you guys

Tyler

its going to take a hell of a lot of routing but it is possible, you'd need to get the pickguard custom made and im not sure whether you could put binding on the neck. probably could but it would take alot of work

definately dont do this if youve never used a router before

I seem to remember seeing a pic of someone who'd put a Jag tailpiece on their Jagmaster. It wasn't functional I don't think... Just for astheric value.

As for putting a Jag pickguard on, as Chris said, it's take a whole load of routing. Plus I think the Jagmaster body is slightly different to the Jag one, so the scratchplate wouldn't fit properly. So yeah, a custom pickguard is probably your best bet if you actually do really want to do this.

jaguar plates will only require routing if you want the switches to be on there (which you problably do), but if its only asthetic, it wont be much, just enough to make the switches and roller pots fit. as for the bridge part, that would require filling the strat rout (or at least part of it) with a wood block or something, and then routing that out, then more routing behind it for the tailpiece. as for the jaguar pg/plates, that would require some routing for the volume/tone lead plate. if i were you, id customize the current pg, have them cut out the bit for the rythm plate, and add a screw, where it would problably be missing (just below the plate). if you wanted the rollers and switch on it, that would require some routing, but not much... or you could leave them off, or maybe paint a different color where they would be. lots of work, wont be cheap, but doable.

and on the binding, ive heard that its possible, but hard to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I could be totally wrong, but viewing that pic on a 22" widescreen Visio HDTV/monitor, it looks as though a Mustang/Jaguar bridge is mounted over the Strat plate. Makes no sense to me, but that's what it looks like to me.

I could be totally wrong, but viewing that pic on a 22" widescreen Visio HDTV/monitor, it looks as though a Mustang/Jaguar bridge is mounted over the Strat plate. Makes no sense to me, but that's what it looks like to me.

i am really misunderstanding what you mean by this.

on another note, and i bet it has been asked, but could a new jagmaster neck intonate on a squire bullet body?