JB vs JB jr....thoughts?

I've got a 1996 Fender MIM Duo Sonic Reissue project going and just wanted to see what peoples thoughts were about JB vs JB jr. With the work it will take to get a full bucker in is it better to just use a jr and slant it? What sound diff have ya'll noticed? Does it have the same out-put?

Any thoughts/discussion would be awesome!

Thanks but I've read all about both. What I was hoping for was more of a "real world" view. I imagine the jr doesn't sound as "big" but is the fact that you don't need a new pick-guard & routing worth the compromise?

Sorry I should have been more clear w/ the original post :)

according to SD, the jb jr actually has a lower frequency peak, although not much, so it might actually be fatter. however, it is wound slightly cooler. the coils are closer together, so this would result in more phase cancelations, or high and low end trimming. and it sees a more narrow section of string, so the harmonic content would differ. instead of a bridge humbucker, which has good harmonic content over a wide range, the jr would have excellent harmonic content in a short range, and suffer slightly in others. the magnets are also different, the jb is alnico v, which is what pafs are made out of, and the jr is ceramic, which is what just about every passive metal or distortion pickup is made out of (but that doesnt mean a ceramic pup cant sound great clean).

in short, there are too many variables to know for sure. i dont think of the jb jr as a minature jb pickup, because of all the differences, but they may in reality sound similar, only one way to find out :-D

Thanks that's more what I was looking for :)

I've just been considering changing mu duo project to a little bit easier then I originally thought. I'm now just thinking of doing a single-sized bucker & thought of the JBjr sense the JB was the original & the guy @ the local fender shop said the jr was "the same" as the JB but knowing he is a dill hole I figured I ask for some real world advice.