Can you help a Strat guy estimate value on 66 Gold Jag

I am still trying to nail down the color. "I think" (not sure) that I read in a book from http://www.vintageguitars.com that in 1966 there was only "Firemist" Gold available. The two different photos as you can see show it to appear to be two different colors (the two photos of the guitar in the case). In person it appears to be golden-bronze(darker shade). Can you comment on condition. PS, the rub marks on the body upper left is rubbed off from the players arm. It is not a camea-flash reflection, it is rubbed-off paint or paint coating...

that mag is awesome. i love em.

You did not offend me. I am looking for all the help I can get. I have some photos of the guitar taken apart. Can I email a couple to you and have you tell me what you think ? I am thinking of buying this guitar tomorrow and want to have my bases covered. Can I email you the photos ?

Look at how much the colour changes when taken without flash-

jagg3.jpg

And this one (below) with flash.

jagg4.jpg

The flash is exagerrating the gold, the bright light is reflecting off the metallic paint. Could you take another picture of the guitar in clear daylight?

I did not purchase it today. It is still for sale. I know the guitar will appreciate in value but I could not justify his $4000 asking price. While I was there a guy came in and offered $3000 and was turned down. So I can pass on it, or buy it and wait a few years for it to go up. Regarding the finish, from what I read, some of the celluose clear coating turned brownish with age and exposure to ultraviolet light (sort of like the plastic rear window on a convertible automobile ?). It appears to me the original gold is undernearth the "darkened" finish coat. Where the finish coat has worn away, it is a nice gold color. The owner said it was not ultraviolet light reaction, but tobacco stains and smoke from years of playing in bars. I don't think he was right. My opinion. Yes we took it apart there at the place.

Do you think it is worth the price. The other buyer was a longtime guitar player since 68 and he thought it was all original. He is a "spotter" for a vintage guitar collector, so he at least had some credibility. I know the guy he "spots for". Genuine collector.