Cymastar

Jagmaster Neck Swap

2008 Model... I'm just curious because, although I have a Domino Baron (which is like a 23.5 scale), I'm looking for something a little longer...

when it's 2008 then the regular 25.5 strat neck should fit.

This has always been a point of some confusion...

I don't think it would work, because the distance from 21st fret to bridge saddle is about an inch shorter than on a 25.5" scale guitar. While I don't have exact figures, I once took measurements of my Jagmaster vs my tele, and they were differnt, so it might not intonate.

I'm not sure how mych further back the intonation screws on my Jagmaster can go.

But I do wish someone could definitively answer this question. Maybe I will email Fender...

its the distance from 12th fret to bridge, not 21st

That's interesting, I did not know that, but it sure would explain alot. Any idea why that is how it works?

im not entirely sure, but distance from bridge to 12th fret has to be the same as 12th fret to nut to intonate(i believe)

that sounds right, when you play a 12th fret harmonic it sounds the same if you strum either side

im not entirely sure, but distance from bridge to 12th fret has to be the same as 12th fret to nut to intonate(i believe)

nah, the compensation happens at the bridge, so while what you said is true (about) for the high e/b string, the lower strings need a saddle further back because when you fret them they go sharp... the best way to find scale it to measure from the edge of the NUT to the 12th fret, and multiply by two