Jeff Leites

Which Blue in '65?

Na, it's cool... the shop was just too much, anyway. Besides, we both want to focus less on pickguards and bodies, and more on the Merc line, anyhow. In fact, we designed a whole new guitar yesterday. I should have a prototype built within the month.

oh now im anxious for pics

Oh, I think you'll crap down both legs when you see it... I'll give you a hint, though...we just ordered two chrome humbucker covers... :-D

Oh, I think you'll crap down both legs when you see it... I'll give you a hint, though...we just ordered two chrome humbucker covers... :-D

uh oh, ITS A LES PAUL! ruuuunnnnnnn!

Yar! That be me! I completely forgot about that video! :lol:

No longer have that shop, though...too many shootings/murders were occurring right in that area, so we bolted.

thats the pedigree of most of north hollywood

My corner of NH isn

Yar! That be me! I completely forgot about that video! :lol:

No longer have that shop, though...too many shootings/murders were occurring right in that area, so we bolted.

thats the pedigree of most of north hollywood

My corner of NH isn

Yeppers! Fender used nitrocellulose lacquer until close to the 70's, after that, they only used it on the headstocks because the decals didn't mesh well with the poly. Nitro clear has a really bad habit (or good depending on how you look at it) of changing colors. In the earliest years, the Mustangs only came in 3 colors: red, white and blue. We know these colors today as Dakota Red, Olympic White and Daphne Blue. Anyway, the nitro clears turn yellow over the years, thus changing the color, hence the confusion. On a slight sidenote, Reranch offers a really bad tinted clear if you're gonna attempt to copy that "yellowing" effect.

100% correct Aug, Fender did not use Sonic Blue on any early mustangs, the colours were red, white & blue. Fender did not want to let the secret out, that they were using custom colours on student models hence the red, white & blue tag, the colours were really as Aug stated - on any other guitar these would have carried an upgrade price. The clear nitro also caused some odd purple bursts to comp blue mustangs & odd copper bursts to comp candy apple red mustangs, these are often misleadingly called rare & are not, as it is only the aging process of the nitro clear coat.

The same sort of secret was applied to the early 80's USA Bullet, that had standard telecaster necks & Vintage hardware, they also used a variety of tuners from vintage Kuson's, "F" tuners & standard Fender stamped tuners, also strat pickups - all parts found on strats & tele's on a student model !

That's the way Fender's business brains worked - economical with the truth !

Aug - I found a store in Burbank that will custom mix lacquer. Only problem is, he won't mix less than one gallon.

I also remembered one more crime in my "safe" section of North Hollywood. It was probably over 25 years ago, but I was awaken one morning to the sound of what i thought were fire crackers, but it turned out to be my next door neighbor having a shootout with some intruders that broke into his house. :-wow At least these things are rare in my neighborhood. :mrgreen:

Aug - I found a store in Burbank that will custom mix lacquer. Only problem is, he won't mix less than one gallon.

I also remembered one more crime in my "safe" section of North Hollywood. It was probably over 25 years ago, but I was awaken one morning to the sound of what i thought were fire crackers, but it turned out to be my next door neighbor having a shootout with some intruders that broke into his house. :-wow At least these things are rare in my neighborhood. :mrgreen:

Oh, geez! Yanno...I really pity the poor bastard who decides to break into my place...I'm locked, ####ed and ready to rock. :lol:

I am both excited & perplexed, what more can be done with a guitar ?

I love what goes on in everyones head, its certainly very passionate & inspiring.

Legend - Yes !

Here's a new design:

guitarheroelmomod.jpg:wink:

I am both excited & perplexed, what more can be done with a guitar ?

I love what goes on in everyones head, its certainly very passionate & inspiring.

Legend - Yes !

Here's a new design:

*sigh* Well...it's back to the drawing board for me...

oh! Jeff has seen the new design...

So many things haven't been tried... Think about it, How many guitars are designed with a SC in bridge and a HB in neck? Something as simple like that, and all of 1 guitar I have ever seen with that configuration. All the guitar shapes look the same, everything is a copy...

I wanna see a Swinger being screwed by a Jag Stang. I wanna see someone crossbreed a Vox Phantom and a Mosrite Venture's Model... I wanna see a solid-body violin shape. I wanna see a new guitar design. Its all so goddamned bland... Show me something crazy. Ovation Breadwinner crazy. Just enough with the Teles and Strats.

So many things haven't been tried... Think about it, How many guitars are designed with a SC in bridge and a HB in neck? Something as simple like that, and all of 1 guitar I have ever seen with that configuration. All the guitar shapes look the same, everything is a copy...

I wanna see a Swinger being screwed by a Jag Stang. I wanna see someone crossbreed a Vox Phantom and a Mosrite Venture's Model... I wanna see a solid-body violin shape. I wanna see a new guitar design. Its all so goddamned bland... Show me something crazy. Ovation Breadwinner crazy. Just enough with the Teles and Strats.

I read your post as if Dennis Leary was ranting. It was awesome!

Here's a new design:

guitar hero for toddlers

btw that game annoys me like hell, stupid chavs think that they must be awesome at guitar cus they spend all fricking day pushing buttons on a piece of plastic junk, then are sad enough to clog up youtube with videos of themselves getting 100% on it.WOW whammy randomly for extra points.NO[/rant]

I love these rants guy's - totally off topic, blindin , keep em coming, making me grin a lot :lol:

Aug - I would be worried - no very worried if I were you, with that sort of calibre guitar design around ! :-wow