Jeff Leites

Which Blue in '65?

How many guitars are designed with a SC in bridge and a HB in neck? Something as simple like that, and all of 1 guitar I have ever seen with that configuration. All the guitar shapes look the same, everything is a copy...

You want. I give. Hummer in neck, single in bridge. Designed it myself. :wink:

DSC01456.jpg

Now you have seen 2.

How many guitars are designed with a SC in bridge and a HB in neck? Something as simple like that, and all of 1 guitar I have ever seen with that configuration. All the guitar shapes look the same, everything is a copy...

You want. I give. Hummer in neck, single in bridge. Designed it myself. :wink:

DSC01456.jpg

Now you have seen 2.

A bit rad - but somehow nice & certainly different, I like all the different parts on it, has it got side fret markers ?

A bit rad - but somehow nice & certainly different, I like all the different parts on it, has it got side fret markers ?

Thanks. Yeah it does have side ones... We didn't have any front ones when we built it :wink:

DSC01456.jpg

Wait...*YOU* designed and built that? In all honesty, the design isn't my cup of tea, but the sheer fact that you built it....very impressive! My hat's off to you, sir!

I CREAMED!!!

I'd prefer it with a Vibrato, but WOW!!!

Another problem (other than pick configurations) is pickup shapes... Why do I never see any more guitars with split pickups? How freaking awesome would that be? Like, the Fender Electric 12 and the G&L Comanche, but nothing else...

Cheers guys. I'm sure I'd posted that before, but oh well :? Yeah I designed it, and dad gave me a hand building it. He's a luthier :wink: I wanted to design something crazy, that hadn't been done before. And that's what I came up with :)

LOL!

It's so funny... I was over @ Neal Moser's shop this last year, and asked him how he found his apprentices, and he said he pulled the top grad from a luthier school right here in LA. Unfortunately, all you learn at "Luthier School" is how to run the big equipment that guitar manufacturers use, and they *DON'T* learn how to build actual guitars like a normal luthier would. So, I proceeded to tell him that I'd love to find an apprentice who wouldn't ask "50,000 questions" and he said, "If they didn't have 50,000 questions, why would they work for you?" Good point. With that said, I *do* have an apprentice, and he works out pretty good...but, I can't exactly cut him loose on any builds quite yet, but almost. *sigh*

I have no idea what you guys' skill level is, but I'd *LOVE* to have someone around where I could say, "Go make a Mercury body" or "Radius that neck and fret it" and not even have to worry about it being done right. Like my current padawan apprentice, I don't pay money, but he has certainly scored tons of free necks and bodies...in fact, when he finished his first body, he asked where to put it... my answer? In your car. :lol:

I have no idea what you guys' skill level is, but I'd *LOVE* to have someone around where I could say, "Go make a Mercury body" or "Radius that neck and fret it" and not even have to worry about it being done right. Like my current padawan apprentice, I don't pay money, but he has certainly scored tons of free necks and bodies...in fact, when he finished his first body, he asked where to put it... my answer? In your car. :lol:

how about this, i will be your on-line apprentice and you can give me swingers, stangs, n' jags :-D hahahahahaha