• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well actually, i've already got some pics of it anyway. as you can see, the lining is more orangey. and there's no padding under the lid. or padding near the bottom end. every one i've seen has been like mine. but i suppose it's possible your case got some better interior padding option

5.jpg

btw, the old victoria cases that you got with fenders didn't have very good padding, and the guitar rattles around a bit in the case. perhaps this is why someone redid the lining in yours, if it is the case that it's been altered

I know about the tuner... but the neck plate ???

It reads correctly when the neck is facing upwards. Surely that is correct ?

Also the case material is completely different to yours. Yours is like a velvet material and mines a fury material.

thanks for the help.

I know about the tuner... but the neck plate ???

It reads correctly when the neck is facing upwards. Surely that is correct ?

Also the case material is completely different to yours. Yours is like a velvet material and mines a fury material.

thanks for the help.

Your neck plate IS on wrong.

And that ISN'T the right material for that case. I can't think of one Fender case I've seen with that material. It's more of a Gibson material.

looks like your 61 got a younger plate!

All Models, summer 1954 to mid 1976

Serial number on neckplate. In 1957/1958 some serial numbers started with a minus sign ("-"), or had a "0" prefix before the number. Also in 1959/1960 some serial numbers were at the bottom of the neck plate instead of the usual top. Double stamped serial number plates were also produced (number on both front and back of the neck plate) in late 1957 to early 1959. As a good example of all four of these serial number oddities, click here. This shows a "double stamped" neck plate, one number with a "-" prefix and stamped on the bottom of the plate, and the other number with a "0" prefix! And yes there is some overlap in serial numbers between years.

i droped so much knowledge there that i had to quote myself incase you missed it mr o.

looks like your 61 got a younger plate!
All Models, summer 1954 to mid 1976

Serial number on neckplate. In 1957/1958 some serial numbers started with a minus sign ("-"), or had a "0" prefix before the number. Also in 1959/1960 some serial numbers were at the bottom of the neck plate instead of the usual top. Double stamped serial number plates were also produced (number on both front and back of the neck plate) in late 1957 to early 1959. As a good example of all four of these serial number oddities, click here. This shows a "double stamped" neck plate, one number with a "-" prefix and stamped on the bottom of the plate, and the other number with a "0" prefix! And yes there is some overlap in serial numbers between years.

yeah your plate is a 1960 plate.

40000 to 58000 = 1960

:P