Ok, it starts here.

I went to the store today to buy a Bullet. They didn't have any. So I decided to slowly climb the Squier ladder. No California's in stock, either. One Affinity, and one Standard. I took the Affinity. I had a $100 voucher, and the store had a 25% off Fender sale today, so I forked over only AUD $200 of my own money. Still $100 more than I was planning, but that's cool. $200 for an Affinity, compared to the RRP of AUD $199 for a Bullet is a good deal, I think.

strat1.jpg

The guitar itself is ok. The neck looks wonderful, it's flame city !!!

100_1274.jpg

100_1275.jpg

The plan is to strip the finish and repaint it in Graffiti Yellow. I will have a tech do the strip, and then I will do the painting myself. Just spray paint, nothing elaborate. I will also be putting a pearloid pickguard on it, and gradually swapping out the electronics. Perhaps only the input jack and pots may survive the cull.

Thoughts and suggestions???

Looks great! Love the figuring on that neck...

Might I suggest that you don't totally strip it. I think you can just sand back the finish on it and spray (undercoat first) straight onto that... I think...

Just sand it enough to rough it up, you mean?

If that is an option, it would mean I could save a stack of cash on getting a pro to do it...

Love the neck, Squiers are just amazing for the money these days.

Yeah, dont strip it dude, its extra work/money you dont need to do and it will take much longer to complete the project. I'm sure you just 'rough it up' with glass paper so your new undercoat has a 'key' to grip too.

Have you found a close match to Graffiti Yellow? Are you using car aerosols?

I haven't look into it yet.

I was pretty much just going to go to the hardware store and look around. Don't know about car paint. I was speaking to a friend the other day, he's painting his car and he said the paint requires baking. Not sure I want to go to that trouble, I'm pretty uncertain about the whole process.

I will probably consult a local luthier on Monday and get some advice.

Ah,lovely guitar you have.How is the neck on it,is it thick or thin.

I have a squier bullet neck on my tele and I had to sand the back of the neck down alot as it was just to thick,now it pays alot better and now I have low action and plus I stained the neck to give it more or a amber color.

I have a squier bullet neck on my tele and I had to sand the back of the neck down alot as it was just to thick,now it pays alot better and now I have low action and plus I stained the neck to give it more or a amber color.

The profile on the neck is great, very close in feel to my tele. Usually there is something about strat neck profiles that doesn't quite agree with me, but yeah, this one is quite thin, and - of course - satin finished :)

The profile on the neck is great, very close in feel to my tele. Usually there is something about strat neck profiles that doesn't quite agree with me, but yeah, this one is quite thin, and - of course - satin finished :)

i knew youd like the neck on this, ive got one pretty similar

where's yours made, because the decal looks different to mine