Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

kurt cobain jag

hey guys, anyone know what ever happened to Kurt's jag, you know the burst with the neck binding one (the only jag iv ever seen him play), i cant find any pics of the actual one that are not from the 90's with him holding it, also what did that REM guy do with the jagstang?

and what ever happened the the mustangs with the JB's?

thanks

i believe the jag was given to eric erlandson, otherwise i'd think courtney may have it. peter buck and REM still have the JS and i read somewhere that they consider it REMs property and not any particular members. i think the stangs were all given away, and one is now in the hardrock cafe collection

she needs better, Courtney needs to grow up and stop being a drug addict with a 16 year old kid............she could get a ton of money off that stang sweater and smells like teen spirit

i read that francis bean has a guitar in her trust, not sure which one it is though, i guessed it was the jag, but maybe not

She'll probably sell it for more shoes.

I think Eric was just loaned the Jaguar. Apparently famous musicians do that to bands they like. In my travels for jazzy pics I found out Ric Ocasek loaned his pink Jazzy to a band called Rooney that he produced, and STP loaned a few guitars for Sonic Youth for gigs during the early 90's according to their guitar database.

I also read somewhere that the Jaguar was the guitar left in trust to Francis, not the Mustang, it think it was on OSG where I read this.

I think I've seen Kurt's Competition Mustang at the Experience Project in Seattle about 2 years ago. It had the vibrato bar on it, but still had the TOM and the vibrato looks to have been locked, and I recall seeing some cracks from the neck damage at the Texas Trees gig where Kurt smashed it into the soundboard. They also had Krist's Ibanez bass too (which looked like hell BTW).

The Jag-Stang I'm sure is still with REM. I have never seen them use it live though. I heard it is used for "Let Me In" but I Can't find any footage of the guitar in use on that song. Actually, the only place I've ever seen it is the "What's the Frequency Kennith" video that everybody knows about.

I think Eric was just loaned the Jaguar. Apparently famous musicians do that to bands they like. In my travels for jazzy pics I found out Ric Ocasek loaned his pink Jazzy to a band called Rooney that he produced, and STP loaned a few guitars for Sonic Youth for gigs during the early 90's according to their guitar database.

I also read somewhere that the Jaguar was the guitar left in trust to Francis, not the Mustang, it think it was on OSG where I read this.

I think I've seen Kurt's Competition Mustang at the Experience Project in Seattle about 2 years ago. It had the vibrato bar on it, but still had the TOM and the vibrato looks to have been locked, and I recall seeing some cracks from the neck damage at the Texas Trees gig where Kurt smashed it into the soundboard. They also had Krist's Ibanez bass too (which looked like hell BTW).

The Jag-Stang I'm sure is still with REM. I have never seen them use it live though. I heard it is used for "Let Me In" but I Can't find any footage of the guitar in use on that song. Actually, the only place I've ever seen it is the "What's the Frequency Kennith" video that everybody knows about.

what mustang sold for a hundred g's then?

hey your the guy with all the vids on you tube right?......i watch your vids like every day......the one with the jagstang atleast......i seen you modded your jagmaster... i want to mod mine to i dont really like it stock but im not sure what i want to do to it.

what year is that mustang you have?

hey your the guy with all the vids on you tube right?......i watch your vids like every day......the one with the jagstang atleast......i seen you modded your jagmaster... i want to mod mine to i dont really like it stock but im not sure what i want to do to it.

The Mustang that sold for 100G, I have theories that that is the infamous finish-less mustang with the Soundgarden sticker and the record for a pickguard possibly, but I don't know for sure since I have not seen a picture of the guitar that sold, or I would maybe know which stang is was. I did see a picture of kurt with a Burst righty Mustang being played upside down recently, but I doubt it's that guitar.

And yes, I'm the guy on youtube. I've got multiple vids of my guitars on there, plus game genie codes, circuit bending, and the occasional rant or two.

The Mustang that sold for 100G, I have theories that that is the infamous finish-less mustang with the Soundgarden sticker and the record for a pickguard possibly, but I don't know for sure since I have not seen a picture of the guitar that sold, or I would maybe know which stang is was. I did see a picture of kurt with a Burst righty Mustang being played upside down recently, but I doubt it's that guitar.

And yes, I'm the guy on youtube. I've got multiple vids of my guitars on there, plus game genie codes, circuit bending, and the occasional rant or two.

you are badass at the guitar dude....i wish i could play like you

you are badass at the guitar dude....i wish i could play like you

The one that sold for 100G is the one that he smashed in boston in 89, he duck taped it back together and sold it. Acually that is why when he played Green street station In jamacia plain, he played nine songs only singing cause he didn't have a guitar, i actually know someone who went to that concert