Show me your custom JagMaster!

veddderman123

Nothing special. Coil splits on the stock Duncan's (push/pull), knobs, custom acryllic pickguard, painted headstock, poly coated neck. I'm happy with it for now. ;-)

Some P-Rails might be cool, or triple hot rails. I happen to have the latter out of a Squier Hot Rails Strat, so maybe another pickguard might be in order. Maybe I'll rev up the rotary tool pretty soon. If I go that route, I'll do three slide switches and keep the one volume and tone, just for simplicity.

Ideas?

Jagmaster%20finished.JPG

Bottom%20up%20view.JPG

That looks really good man, great job especially on the headstock.

As for the hotrails on the Squiers, I can vouch for them, especially the ones in the neck position.

Thanks. The headstock is actually almost redone (again) as it was terribly scratched thanks to my dog and my negligence. Thankfully there was no fall involved. :o

I'm doing things slightly different this go around. I am adding a skull/flame pen sketch on the neck en lieu of a faux skunk stripe (I had a pretty good trial on the latter, but this will look better), a nifty Jaguar "eyes" on the headstock, and am using pearl white lettering for "Squier by" & "JAGMASTER". I also played a bit with some different stains, but it didn't turn out all that well, so if, when done, it looks bad, I'll just paint the neck black. I didn't want to do this, but it will be better than a half-a** stain job. I should have just stuck with a natural stain or teak oil, but I got creative and threw in a "colonial maple" stain, which is very red, and didn't like this wood at all. It was a bugger to sand, and I couldn't get it all off, but I think it's workable now.

It's curing now, with several more coats of poly to go, and several wet sands. Hopefully by Sunday it will be all back together.

I am opting out of the hot rails just because I really dig that Strat and don't want to take it apart. I think I'll just wait and save for some P-Rails which I think will work really well. At that point, I might do the body too, but the factory black still is flawless, so I may just leave well enough alone.

That's the beauty of the Jagmaster, though. Its budget price screams for modification without too much concern for really jacking it up. :lol: It's just such a great player, though, that I hate down time. I hate to say it, but I like it more than my Jaguar. It's probably the most versatile guitar that I own.

• 4 weeks later...
hey gang! I just joined up, I have a few questions for you jagmaster modders! I've been trying to find info on the control plates you folks are using, are they off of a regular Jaguar? and for those of you who've done tremolo mods or replacements, what did you go with. ok one more :-D on the 3 pickup jagmaster what pickups did you go with, and who made your pickgaurds? Thanks so much. Here is my Jagmaster, just got it, It's awaiting some major work: DSCF4016-1.jpg

HEy how is the switching plate were the toggle was attached? Is it attached to the pickguard or whats?

• 5 months later...

From the other thread:

OrangeMaster:

Jagmaster Body, Dual EMG 60 Pups, Affinity Strat Neck

orange1.jpg

orange2.jpg

orange3.jpg

WalnutMaster:

Jagmaster Body, SX 25.5" Neck, No Pups Currently (will likely do Dream90s or perhaps EMGs again, solderless installation is just great!)

walnut1.jpg

walnut2.jpg

(Yes, the headstock logo says "F-Er" ha ha.

So..I just bought myself a new bass (pics to come shortly), which means this Orangemaster may just be up for grabs...I don't know what this site's policy and that kind of stuff is though, so if someone wants to clue me in, that'd be great. I'd be selling it pretty cheaply, just need a little cash infusion after what I treated myself to yesterday...still can't believe it's mine!

So..I just bought myself a new bass (pics to come shortly), which means this Orangemaster may just be up for grabs...I don't know what this site's policy and that kind of stuff is though, so if someone wants to clue me in, that'd be great. I'd be selling it pretty cheaply, just need a little cash infusion after what I treated myself to yesterday...still can't believe it's mine!

get a few more posts, then the trading post becomes available.

s6aj27ex.jpg

2004 Jagmaster w/ custom made pickguard and

obl [original bill lawrence] L-500 pick ups.

very nice pu's!

Hey, Orlando, more power to ya. Probably this would not be my guitar, but yaeh, it's a ballsy statement and the kind of music you're playin has to have some bollocks. You're not playin Nora Jones, I take it?

I'm picturing more like maybe The Faces, or Black Crows.

• 8 months later...

Show me your customize JagMaster. I DON'T want to see normal stock stuff.

I'd love to see a black one with a red or black pickguard.

Show me anything... Pickguards, pickup, neck, changes, body altercations, whatever...

Hi everybody!

I am new to the forum. I live in Berlin, Germany. I play in the band "The Kilaueas!"

I`ve noticed this thread and want to show you my (for me!) perfect Jagmaster. Maybe it will give you a new motivation to pimp your Jagmaster?

Mine is a `96/`97 Vista Series Jagmaster.

-New designed pickguard.

-Jaguar control panel and black Amp poti knobs.

-Two American Vintage Reissue Fender Jazzmaster pickups with aged covers.

-Saddle with rollers.

-2nd string roller

-Better Sustain block.

It sounds and plays unbelievable good! Very nice own twangy character.

I try to post pics.

I play instrumental Surf Music. Since 15 years on the search for the perfect sound and tone. I`ve got too much guitars. ...I don`t know how much, about 25 or so...

Last month I bought two Jagstangs. I will post pics soon.

Twang cheers!

HAVE FUN!

Ralf Kilauea

http://www.myspace.com/thekilaueas

CIMG0867.jpg

CIMG0862.jpg

CIMG0836.jpg

CIMG0860.jpg

CIMG0874.jpg

CIMG0843.jpg

CIMG0838.jpg

CIMG0852.jpg