Favorite Squier Vista Guitar?

Cymastar

What is your favorite Squier Vista Guitar?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Squier Vista Guitar?

• Super Sonic
    • Jagmaster
    • Venus
    • Venus XII
    • Musicmaster
    • Musicmaster Bass

I've tried it, it's really about the same as a Squier Bronco. I like it a little less because of the rosewood fretboard (I prefer maple on my basses), but the colours are great and it sounds much punchier than the Bronco, so similar as it may be, it does have a little edge... 8)

I voted Jagmaster, though it was a tough call between that and the SUper Sonic, I still want both, and would not be likely to not mod either since I really liked the Vista Series as they were. The newer Jagmasters just don't compare.

As for my first (and only) experience with the vista guitars, I was on a trip with the high school band to Myrtle Beach in early 1998, and the music store in the mall there had both a blue sparkle Super Sonic and a sunburst Jagmaster there. I almost blew $384 of my $400 in trip money on one of those guitars, but possibly getting in trouble at school and with the family kept me from doing it.

I like the Jaguar body style more, but the Super Sonic truly lived up to it's name. I sat in the iso-booth at the store cranked through a Mesa with that Super Sonic, and I'd say it was only a few hairs short of my Jag-Stang in feel, sound, and looks.

• 1 year later...

There's a new Venus for sale in my local guitar shop. Been sitting on the shelf since it's release all those years ago, still has the plasic covering on the pickguard. They want 300 for it. Not a bad deal.

Now if it was a super-sonic, it'd be mine already.

Ask if they'd be willing to ship it for me. I've been after one of those guitars since FOREVER

She's too busy being blitzed out on drugs and stealing her daughters money to defend herself, you mean.

Failure as a musician, failure as a wife, failure as a mother, failure as a human being.

Hopefully obscurity will swallow her up forever.

She would actually appreciate that, that is who she strives to be. You don't get in the news for being good. When is the last time you heard _______ has been quiet and seems to have their stuff together. In this society, no one gives a #### if you are at a good place in life and are happy. Shoot heroin in your neck and slap a bartender and slam into a tree while texting and doing blow, naked in a 100 thousand dollar car and you will be rich and famous. You can't have it both ways, that is why i think kurt was calling it quits. You can be a rock star/junkie or a parent/not famous. Kurt make his decision and she made hers, only one who suffers is Francis. They were doomed in a Sid and Nancy kinda way.

BTW- I did not get us off topic on this one but i love when we do. I am the antitopic, ha

I voted for my supersonic and paltics supersonic and t3h 0000marz supersonic and everybodys supersonic!

I also started wondering whilst reading through this old thread where everybody has gone? Cy, Vedderman, Funtoosh, grunge-fan?????

All these guys were regulars when i joined and now they're all gone. :mellow:

Hey ho.... :unsure:

I voted for my supersonic and paltics supersonic and t3h 0000marz supersonic and everybodys supersonic!

I also started wondering whilst reading through this old thread where everybody has gone? Cy, Vedderman, Funtoosh, grunge-fan?????

All these guys were regulars when i joined and now they're all gone. :mellow:

Hey ho.... :unsure:

Some people seem to overstay thier welcome, some seem to drift in and out. Haven't seen Trav for close to a year, and mcconnachiea has also vanished.