Sign in to follow this  
prospect

STUNNING close up photos of Kurt's Comp Stang

great pics, thanks. You definitely have to take the significance of the guitar into account when viewing the picture. Everyone wants to talk about battle scars adding character, well that guitar certainly has plenty of character.

After looking up close, looks like the Trees show in Texas did little harm to the neck joint, either that or Earnie Bailey is godlike with his neck joint regluing abilities, as I can't much, if any of the damage at all.

After looking up close, looks like the Trees show in Texas did little harm to the neck joint, either that or Earnie Bailey is godlike with his neck joint regluing abilities, as I can't much, if any of the damage at all.

right at the 15th fret you can see a crack and join

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YyWDE_zaOs0/SYp3dMy4b1I/AAAAAAAAAKI/xNDS1VsOADI/s1600-h/emp1.jpg

####. That was a amazing guitar. I'm glad its not not being played by anyone so everyone in the world can just gaze at its history and looks. (and in good condition i guess too)

I speculate the removal of that hot-rail in the bridge was the "work for it's current owner" that Ernie Bailey was talking about. I saw the guitar at the Seattle EMP about 2 years ago, everything in that picture is as I remembered it except the bridge pickup, which was a stock Mustang pickup.