gilmourish

Opinion on sg's?

I don't like them. I cant generally get along with the necks on Gibsons. Les Pauls and SGs especially.

Give me a Fender any day.

Same.The sides f the fret board are so damn sharp its crazy. They're neck are just big and wonky to me, like a boat ore. Epiphones though, seem to fit my liking better. Its weird but whatever, man.

DOn't get me started on boats!

Do you mean like a kroker oar or concept 2? I find concept 2s quite good really

But yes, I do like SGs but as with most gibsons, I find their tone rather strange, it is hard to get what I like out of them. I'm sure SG and bogner would make a perfect couple though 8)

I like sgs for slide, the double cut away + the way the neck meets the body + set neck make it awesome for that. Also you can raise the action so easy w/ a tom bridge that its a no-brainer.

LP specials/jrs w/ p90s/p100s are sweet but other then that I've just had enough of them. I've owned a few but never connected well with them.

I have always wanted/loved sg's but, they are too pricey for me. I almost got the red sg classic with the p-90's but, thought it wasn't worth the Thousand dollars.

folsomdam.jpg

That was kinda funny.

Anyway...

I don't like the way SGs look.

Plus the Gibson neck is a big turn off for my lil' girl hands.

BUT I would get one more Gibson in my lifetime and thats a TV Yellow Les Paul special, exactly like the one BanditGuitarist happened upon.

I like em', they are not my favorite, but I do like them. For awhile I had a 1977 Aria SG copy when I was in High School, that was the guitar that was the in-between main gutiar before I got the Jag-Stang, and after I got sick of the problems with my Kramer. I did not own it, but it took me 3 months to get in touch with the owner (he left me no phone number and was not listed in the phone book) after I rebuilt it for him.

i dont like sg's but LP's are not to bad to play- but #### ugly!

I think of SG's the other way around. I think they look great, but are a nightmare for me to play.

folsomdam.jpg

That was kinda funny.

Anyway...

I don't like the way SGs look.

Plus the Gibson neck is a big turn off for my lil' girl hands.

BUT I would get one more Gibson in my lifetime and thats a TV Yellow Les Paul special, exactly like the one BanditGuitarist happened upon.

Thanks Mango :] I hope you can find one its a great guitar! I like SG's there alright I don't play mine all that often the only thing I don't like about them is the Angus Young associatation when I see one. I cannot stand AC/DC or that little midget hopping around that people call a "great guitarist". The tones nice and the necks are pretty comfortable though still i'd choice a LP Special over an SG any day.

I like sgs. I have a silverburst sg and its my fav next to my mustang. Two totally different guitars as far as sound and feel but they are my two favs. I love the sound my sg has and it plays like butter.

DSC00074-1-1.jpg

I cannot stand AC/DC or that little midget hopping around that people call a "great guitarist".

OMG!!!!!!! YES YOU ARE SOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!!! thats like the only reason i dont ever want to own one. holy Sh!T i hate AC/DC i mean a 24 bar hammer on is NOT A SOLO.

*end rant*

I cannot stand AC/DC or that little midget hopping around that people call a "great guitarist".

OMG!!!!!!! YES YOU ARE SOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!!! thats like the only reason i dont ever want to own one. holy Sh!T i hate AC/DC i mean a 24 bar hammer on is NOT A SOLO.

*end rant*

I'd always laugh my ass off when Angus would play 2 notes of a solo then stop and point to the sky and the crowd would just go off. It makes for a good drinking game. Take a shot each time Angus points to the sky. He's more a showman than a great guitarist. That said, I love the song Back in Black.

As they say in This is Spinal Tap "the musical growth rate of this band can not even be charted".

The main guitarist I associate with the SG is Frank Zappa, something of a hero of mine (although not as a guitarist).

Frank Zappa, something of a hero of mine (although not as a guitarist).

YEA!!! did some one say Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band ^^

troutmaskreplica.jpg

The Magic Band had one of the best, most well-blended two guitar attacks I've ever heard, with Zoot Horn Rollo and Antennae Jimmy Semens.

Big Eyed Beans from Venus always come to mind. Love that looooong lunar note...

sg is one of the only gibson designs i like but they're too thin for my tastes.. i play too crazy for something like that, i feel i could break one and thats not worth a grand to me.. i do really like firebirds though.. atleast as for as looks go..

If I let a particular player or style of music stand in my way, it'd rule out just about any and possibly every guitar.

As for Frank Zappa, I love pretty much anything Zappa. Father Oblivion, Why Does it Hurt when I Pee, and Stink Foot are friggin hilarious but rock at the same time.