the_stonesteels

Finally! I'm one of you guys now! (pics included)

hi everyone! Officially, I'm a Jag owner! I just bought an MIJ jag re-issue. Although I've been on this site these past few months browsing here and there... doing as much paper research as i could before getting one. I just got it today and i'm really excited to learn more about the jag... but hands on experience is still the best teacher of course... with this i have 2 questions to start my 1st post.

1. Would the snap on American bridge cover for the jag (sold @ MF for $12.99) fit into my MIJ jag?

If NOT... then...

What parts would i need? pls enumerate if you have the time and kindness to do so. i go to "Guitar parts Resource" & that's where i will be ordering the parts, (IF, it is indeed possible)

jagmutemechanism.jpg

2. PICKGUARD. On Guitar parts resource, the CIJ guard is $60.00 that's why i'm just confirming if any of you have purchased a CIJ guard from them. Is it the brownish tortoise finish??? That's what i want. The one that came stock with my jag is also tortoise but it's reddish tortoise and the one i want is the darker tortoise finish.

Anyway, I really appreciate taking time out to read a newbie's introduction. i really know so little about the jag but there's just something about it that drew me to it. BTW, i live in Los Angeles... Anyone here from L.A. too? GTG's or somethin'. I'm really looking forward to sharing stuff with you guys cause MOST of my friends can't really relate or would spend more than 5 minutes with me to chat about musical instruments, let alone a JAG. Thanks again, looking forward to learning!

God bless.

jagstang.jpg

Welcome, but you need to be hazed to be a true member. :wink: .

Lucky you.. i've been wanting a jag for 5 years now and the price increase has made that a near impossibility, so i envy you already, new guy haha. but you have come to the right place.. i dont think you'll have a hard time talking to people around here for hours about jags ha.

i dunno about the bridge cover, but you may be able to trade your pg to someone who has a darker one for a cij jag, (if i had the brown, i'd trade you in a second personally.)

also, i just came back from la. i was visiting my lady over there. wonderful change of scene. venice kicks ass.. although she'd only let me stay while the sun was out.. :P

Yep. I do consider myself lucky. I'm sure you'll get yours too in time brother man! As for the PG, having d brown tortoise is my personal preference cause it looks more serious to me. to me, it means business... cosmetics aside though, i feel her personality is with the reddish guard plus there's some big yellowy part on top of the finish that looks like a howlin' wolf hahaha! i changed her name... She wouldve been isabelle with the brown guard... but i think i'll stick with the red... I call her Roxanne. (yep... with the police song as matching background music hehehe). As for your woman, she did the right thing not to let u out aftr the sun sets in L.A., lots of sutff you can do in the nightlife lol

By the way, if anyone has an idea regarding the 2 questions, pls do so... thanks!

here's a shot of my current Electric babies ;D

jagstangpro.jpg

That's one dusty television you got there, I'm willing to clean your house if you're willing to pay for my plane ticket (there and back) and if I don't show up, I forgot and you'll have to wait to contact me 'til I'd be back from my work vacation.

Vaat kind of Tele you got thurrr?

Your wanting to do exactly what i did. I have a sunburst Jag that came with the reddish tort, i changed it to the brownish tort, and i did buy it from Guitarpartsresource. My Jag is a MIJ, and they say these pickguards will only fit a CIJ, not true. it will fit, but the pickup selector switches will be tight.

thanks for the dusting reminder hehe.

The Tele is MIM. my very first guitar i got from my friend for $200. I'll never sell her though. I want to look back 30-40 yrs from now (God-willing) and look at her in all her majestic, NATURALLY road worn state.

Thanks for the feedback on the CIJ and MIJ difference. I dont know honestly what the difference is with the crafted and made. If MIJ meant that everything was constructed, then what would crafted be haha Yeah i know it sounds so ignorant but i'd rather be honest than pretend i know what it means. I think I'll proceed on getting that pickguard too. It just looks like there gonna be a bit of a difficult time ALSO having to remove the bridge saddles just to put it in there. My tele seems to be a tad bit easier just unscrewing the guard itself.

Hey, welcome to the forums! And congratulations on the Jag! I don't see why the bridge cover idea wouldn't work...

Also, is that an American Deluxe Jazz bass? If so they are friggin sweeeeet!

And the black/tort combo on the tele is an instant winner :)

just ask him when it s made. there are no hints at it being a vista, it has the trussrod adjustment on top at the headstock, so it certainly is not an early vista with a jaguar neck.

Yep. its a 1998 Fender Deluxe Jazz.

Vista? i guess there are different nicknames to diff Jag eras? Ive also read on some of the forums about servicemen jags... where can i read all those?

It's Jagmasters that have different eras, including the Vista models. Not the Jaguar. It was just mcconnachiea totally hijacking your topic. :P

I love the American Deluxe model basses. My big bro has an American Deluxe Precision, 5 string. It's

Yep. its a 1998 Fender Deluxe Jazz.

Vista? i guess there are different nicknames to diff Jag eras? Ive also read on some of the forums about servicemen jags... where can i read all those?

It's Jagmasters that have different eras, including the Vista models. Not the Jaguar. It was just mcconnachiea totally hijacking your topic. :P

I love the American Deluxe model basses. My big bro has an American Deluxe Precision, 5 string. It's

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I dont mind hijackers lol. I'm not new to forums haha. Guitar Parts Resource has fortunately replied to my Muting option inquiry but there's a bunch of verying parts... I'm enumerating WHAT I THINK are the only ones i need but correct me if i'm missing or getting something that's not really relevant to what i need. Here is the link GPR sent me... Do i really need all these 7 items or could i keep some that i have on my jag already?

http://guitarpartsresource.com/hardware_other.html

1. Mute Plate = $20

2. Mute Foam = $4

3. Mute Plunger = $4

4. Import Bracket = $7

5. Pickup Claw = $10

6. Import Arm Bushing = $10

7. Vibrato Spring Kit = $5

$60 i guess. Plus Pickguard $120.

What am I not one of you guys cuz I don't have a Jaguar?!?!?!?! Is that how things work, just because I have a Jag-stang and not a jaguar I'm not one of the guys?!?!?!?! Huh???? Huh?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is like racism or sexism only worse!!!!!!!!!! This is GUITARISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You hurt my feelings, and I'm not talking to you anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

What am I not one of you guys cuz I don't have a Jaguar?!?!?!?! Is that how things work, just because I have a Jag-stang and not a jaguar I'm not one of the guys?!?!?!?! Huh???? Huh?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is like racism or sexism only worse!!!!!!!!!! This is GUITARISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You hurt my feelings, and I'm not talking to you anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Dude, stop hyperventilating. I don't have a Jag either. I have a Mustang. :wink:

awesome

Aw, you are gonna get Shot! :-mad

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I dont mind hijackers lol. I'm not new to forums haha. Guitar Parts Resource has fortunately replied to my Muting option inquiry but there's a bunch of verying parts... I'm enumerating WHAT I THINK are the only ones i need but correct me if i'm missing or getting something that's not really relevant to what i need. Here is the link GPR sent me... Do i really need all these 7 items or could i keep some that i have on my jag already?

1. Mute Plate = $20

2. Mute Foam = $4

3. Mute Plunger = $4

4. Import Bracket = $7

5. Pickup Claw = $10

seriously stop posting here. nobody cares. your silence would make the world a better place.

1. Mute Plate = $20

2. Mute Foam = $4

3. Mute Plunger = $4

4. Import Bracket = $7

5. Pickup Claw = $10

seriously stop posting here. nobody cares. your silence would make the world a better place.

Dude what's your problem??? He's just trying to get some help.

1. Mute Plate = $20

2. Mute Foam = $4

3. Mute Plunger = $4

4. Import Bracket = $7

5. Pickup Claw = $10

Why am i being told to stop posting my questions when i started this topic in the first place???

1. Mute Plate = $20

2. Mute Foam = $4

3. Mute Plunger = $4

4. Import Bracket = $7

5. Pickup Claw = $10

Why am i being told to stop posting my questions when i started this topic in the first place???

I dunno why trav is being a jerk to u, but just ignore him. The rest of us want u to keep posting.