Hi Guys

New to the forums and just thought I'd post my new JS I picked up in Australia off ebay.

2q3ahyc.jpg

Is in relatively good condition, however all the chrome on the tail piece, bridge and control plate is scractched up like crazy... I have ordered all new chrome bits from guitarpartsresource.com along with a new scratch plate and all the official fender screws etc as most of the heads of the screws are burred...

The action was really high and felt terrible when I got it so I had legendary local shop set it up for me and it feels unbelievable now. Loving the short scale neck!

My plans are to get it refinished once the new parts arrive as I want it to be as spot less as possible.

Will post more pics later and keep you all updated on the rebuild.

Cheers

Aaron

Welcome to the forums Aaron.

Nice score. There seems to be lots of JS' surfacing at the moment, there was a buzz about them on the Fender forum not so long back too. I wish they they would reissue it to stop the ridiculous rising.

Thanks for the welcome guys

Mustang-Pete, I paid $850AU for it 'Buy It Now' style. I had previously lost one on normal bidding a few months back so I didn't mind paying that ammount for it. Does that seam like a reasonable price?

Few questions...

Does the standard MIJ Mustang control plate fit the JS? they are exactly the same right?

My JS is a MIJ JS with a V serial number. It has the 50th Ann sticker on it also. What year does this make it? the sticker has me all confused....

Cheers

Aaron

They were all designed by KC so I'd assume they all have the sticker. It prolly just fell off.

Not true,I got mine in 95 and it did not have the sticker on it.Someone else on this board has a 95 Jagstang as well and it never had the sticker.The stickers came about in 96 and so on.

Mine is actually missing the 'designed by Kurt Cobain' sticker. Did some JS's just not have this sticker or is it prone to peeling off?

Mine is a '98 and it dontn't have it. I think the stickers were only on on 96 and 97. Not sure about the re-issues

Re-issues have it on underneath the clear coats.