im trying to look for a wah pedal for some RHCP songs and probably others aswell once I get one. I've narrowed it down to a Vox 847A but I'll try to do a true bypass mod since many users say it sucks up the tone greatly. I'm not getting a crybaby because I heard a lot of negative things about them. What do you guys think? (P.S. if u guys say get a Ibanez WH-10, well i can't since its such a expensive pedal on ebay)

Of the low end wahs (vox, dunlop, etc.) the Vox Clyde McCoy reissue and the 847a are the closest to the original wahs in that price range IMO. But they are far from exact replicas, or from sounding like the originals. They use much cheaper parts, and definitely don't use the Macari Italian components (which are expensive in their own right).

More vintage correct (if that's what you're after) would be the Arteffect Bonnie Wah (get it? it's the bonnie, the original was the clyde...hee) that is actually an EXACT replica of the original Vox Clyde McCoy Picture Wah, down to the way the board is wired. However there's a twelve month waiting list for one of those and I don't know if you wanna spend $250.

The next closest would be the Teese Picture Wah, I'm selling one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0301582653

Maybe it will go for cheap if no one sees it. And a great wah, not quite as expenisve as the Bonnie is the Area 51 wah pedal. They go new for $200, but like the Teese will sometimes show up for good deals on ebay. Also, if you can find one, the MJM Ulysses Wah is the best wah I've ever heard, they're just super rare to find since they haven't been made for a while.

I know you said you don't have a lot of money to spend, but with equipment (for me) it's worth saving up a few more weeks and getting something on the high end of things, that Vox 847 goes for between $89 and 129 online for a new pedal; to me I'd rather just keep saving and get something nicer. but you never know, sometimes I get high end stuff and I sell it (like I'm doing now) when I find a cheap little pedal that I end up thinking sounds way better.

And I've seen WH 10s go for under $150 before, you just have to be on the lookout.

Of the low end wahs (vox, dunlop, etc.) the Vox Clyde McCoy reissue and the 847a are the closest to the original wahs in that price range IMO. But they are far from exact replicas, or from sounding like the originals. They use much cheaper parts, and definitely don't use the Macari Italian components (which are expensive in their own right).

More vintage correct (if that's what you're after) would be the Arteffect Bonnie Wah (get it? it's the bonnie, the original was the clyde...hee) that is actually an EXACT replica of the original Vox Clyde McCoy Picture Wah, down to the way the board is wired. However there's a twelve month waiting list for one of those and I don't know if you wanna spend $250.

The next closest would be the Teese Picture Wah, I'm selling one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0301582653

Maybe it will go for cheap if no one sees it. And a great wah, not quite as expenisve as the Bonnie is the Area 51 wah pedal. They go new for $200, but like the Teese will sometimes show up for good deals on ebay. Also, if you can find one, the MJM Ulysses Wah is the best wah I've ever heard, they're just super rare to find since they haven't been made for a while.

I know you said you don't have a lot of money to spend, but with equipment (for me) it's worth saving up a few more weeks and getting something on the high end of things, that Vox 847 goes for between $89 and 129 online for a new pedal; to me I'd rather just keep saving and get something nicer. but you never know, sometimes I get high end stuff and I sell it (like I'm doing now) when I find a cheap little pedal that I end up thinking sounds way better.

And I've seen WH 10s go for under $150 before, you just have to be on the lookout.

Wow really thought out answer. Well luckily on UG.com Forum someone told me about a Ibanez WH-10 copy pedal called Ten Spot II. I might get tht one since i even has higher quality compenents in it and its not plastic. It's 180 bucks and I gonna follow ur answer and save up to get it.

morley wahs are great because they turn off by themselves when you take your foot off of them and they sound good. so you don't have to be playing then stomp, wah, stomp to get a brief wah effect. The bad horsie is the only one I've used but the other ones have the same technology they just sound different

me and the other leaders of my church's youth group made a fake myspace and pretended to be a teenage girl who was gonna be moving to our town. The point was to teach the kids in our youth group that it's very easy for internet predators to disguise themselves as someone else and that they have to be smart while using myspace. At first, they were all stubborn and said stuff like "I know everyone on my friendslist is a good person and wouldn't do anything bad to me" and stuff like that. But it was hilarious to see their faces when we revealed that the girl was really us (it also really drove the point home). So anyways my avatar is basically commemorating how funny it was for me (for a while my morning routine was to get up eat breakfast and then go on and laugh at all the kids who fell for it :twisted::twisted::twisted: ).

(in all actuality I have no idea who the girl is, I just did a google images search)

I was also gonna try to use that profile to scam teenage boys who worked at cold stone into giving me free ice cream, but it didn't work cuz I don't know anybody who works at cold stone. :lol:

well, yr going to hell. :twisted:

haha, i dont know.

You should do that, but shoot for plane tickets and stuff to beaches and whatnot. FREE VACATION! :wink: