Getting Another Duo (JOY)

Cymastar

180px-Robroeduosonic.jpg

This isn't a real picture, but it is a 1990s Squier Duo Sonic, MIC. It's based off the MIM Fender design. Mine will be red. What I like more about the Squier 90s Duos is that they have the truss rod adjustment at the top of the neck, not in the body. Makes life easier.

I also like the dual, Stang-angled pickups of 90s Duos... Hopefully, I will not have to sell this (please God [don't anyone give me sh1t about this] be merciful)...

I know... :lol:

I love Duos, especially, because the Duo was the first guitar I ever got that people mistook for a Fender Mustang. Plus, they just have a great vibe about them.

I have never played a Duo I was disappointed in, but I have played Mustangs where the Dynamic Vibratos have left me feeling sad at their stock inadequacies...

OOOHH

Vintage!

She's a beauty, she is. I had a Classic Vibe, but that's the closest I'll ever come (or ever want to come) to owning one of those guitars.

I just don't see the point of spending more than 200 for a student model guitar, you know what I'm getting at?

Sure,but for the price my friend is asking($1500)I can't refuse.This guitar is a 1956.It is all original except for the tuners have been replaced with repros(no new holes,originals are in the case).My friend is actually selling this guitar for the original owner who bought it along with a Fender Deluxe amp in 1957.My friend is keeping the amp and selling me the guitar.

neck_edited.jpg

IMG_0567_edited.jpg

Nice!

I love the way they sparkle (the anodized pickguards) I wish more guitars came stock with those. It would be awesome, no :-D ?

Thanks!Yeah I like them too.I bought another guitar with a gold pickguard on ebay.It is a J.Mascis sig Jazzmaster. Maybe that will come next week too. I like the looks of the new Squier Vintage Vibe Duo-Sonics too,but I haven't seen any in person.I wish guitar center would get one in stock so I could see it.

Nice!

I love the way they sparkle (the anodized pickguards) I wish more guitars came stock with those. It would be awesome, no :-D ?

Thanks!Yeah I like them too.I bought another guitar with a gold pickguard on ebay.It is a J.Mascis sig Jazzmaster. Maybe that will come next week too. I like the looks of the new Squier Vintage Vibe Duo-Sonics too,but I haven't seen any in person.I wish guitar center would get one in stock so I could see it.

Buy one blind. You will NOT be disappointed. They are great little instruments, and rival Fender Mustangs in quality. If you don't like it, someone here will take it :wink: .

(hint: It's ME)