:? Jaguar style chrome roller knobs in place of original switches

:? Gibson style (or smaller) pickup selector

:-D The hole for the tremolo arm will be threaded for a screw- in arm

My guitar is currently on the slow journey to this now

:-D =already done

:) = Doing soon

:? = Will wait a while

Made some ajustments :-D

Mustang molded to fit in a Super Sonic shape (sounds weird, but go with it. Think of a Mustang-type shape where the bass horn is shorter than the treble horn).

Two single coils with a Mustang-style switching on a Jaguar-Style plate.

24-inch neck with Maple fretboard.

Jaguar/ Jazzmaster vibrato unit with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and a neck radius to match...

Mustang molded to fit in a Super Sonic shape (sounds weird, but go with it. Think of a Mustang-type shape where the bass horn is shorter than the treble horn).

Jaguar/ Jazzmaster vibrato unit with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and a neck radius to match...

Has your dream guitar changed in only 3 days???

my gibson les paulI wouldn't change anything about it is 100% perfect and thats why its been my number 1 for almost 2 years. Its solid sounds amazing has amazing tone and sustain for days.

its very nice and i love playing LP's but i think most are fvcking ugly! but yours is nice (not as nice as a stang tho ;))

It happens...

It happens...

Haha, sure does mate.

my gibson les paulI wouldn't change anything about it is 100% perfect and thats why its been my number 1 for almost 2 years. Its solid sounds amazing has amazing tone and sustain for days.

its very nice and i love playing LP's but i think most are fvcking ugly! but yours is nice (not as nice as a stang tho ;))

Haha we all have prefrences, i love the LP when im playing the music I do with my band now Alternative/rock with I guess you'd say a "power-pop" feel like Just Surrender,Brand New etc. But when it comes to jamming out and playing with effects its my mustangs jags tele and strat all the way! I know what each instrument and do best and I love um all for haha but I connect better with the Les Paul, but I couldn't imagine playing "Napoleon Solo" on it haha.

Haha we all have prefrences, i love the LP when im playing the music I do with my band now Alternative/rock with I guess you'd say a "power-pop" feel like Just Surrender,Brand New etc. But when it comes to jamming out and playing with effects its my mustangs jags tele and strat all the way! I know what each instrument and do best and I love um all for haha but I connect better with the Les Paul, but I couldn't imagine playing "Napoleon Solo" on it haha.

ahah yea, i think the main thing i dont like about them is that there to heavy, i am a very thin guy (think ATDI omar) and fair short to so LP's just crush me.

An upside down Jag-Stang with all the controls reversed and a reverse headstock, similar to a supersonic in its concept.

Colour, Royal Blue with black p/guard and 3way toggle switch, (non of this phase in/out rabbash) all chrome hardware and a yellow comp stripe.

Pups??? Who knows. I like the stock pups. They are brash and trashy. love em.

Oh and a trem that stays in tune..... :-cool

Be still my beating hart. (never pick a fight with a deer)! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A crazy idea I had for awhile was to copy what Bond guitars did in the 80's, having digital controls and LCD readouts, and maybe a Whammy bar type device that would allow easy volume swells but removing the part problems stemming from this the most on a guitar, the volume pot. I'm thinking something like a push button with a variable swell rate that can be deactivated.

• 2 weeks later...
The trem does stay in tune, you just need an hour setting it up and cleaning the routes :)

Yeah I've sort of had a go at it. Not bad. I'll have another go soon.

Can any one do a mock up of my upside down j-s idea. Thinkin it would look the ####.

Or it would just look like ####. :-shy

My other dream guitar.

th_1246.png

That's what I though the Jag-Stang was going to be originally. I was anxiously awaiting it coming out, and then we got what we got, which I still like a lot, but really threw me for a loop with the smaller size and more angular body.

Elaborating on my original post, I have always wanted four models for my main use.....a Jag-Stang, a Jaguar, a Jazzmaster, and a Mustang, and every year since I was 10, they went through various pre-contrived incarnations varying from Nirvana-style rip-off designs to hair metal style with pointy headstocks and locking trems. I can't ever really say for sure what my dream guitar is because everytime I propose something, I end up playing something closer to the original and begin wanting that instead of my own idea.

The Jag-Stang was the only one that matched the design I wanted, EMG SA-1, EMG 81, most of it was cosmetic at the time, then I played one with that setup, fell for it, and bought it.

The Jaguar I went through millions of designs for, starting off by addressing the clumsy bridge and weak pickups with 3 EMG 81's and a Roller bridge. Then I decided to make it more Jackson/Charvel like when the EVH Wolfgang came out, which lead to a more Kramer-like design with a Kahler when I started having problems with the Floyd Rose. After about 12 more incarnations, I played a vintage Jaguar, fell for that, bought a cheaper reissue with cool rails, made some light mods back to stock, and that turned out to be right on the money.

For years I toyed with a Teal Green metallic Mustang with a Kahler, then I played with the Mustang Vibrato and gave up on the Teal Green, now I have a Teal Green 66' Mustang with an asskicking stock vibrato.

Now god only knows where my travels for a Jazzmaster will lead me. I've not played the CP Reissues since none have passed through yet, nor the J.Mascius for the same reason. Reissues seem to be rarer than vintage examples up here, and the vintage ones are expensive, so I may build one, but I'm not sure where the build is going to go considering color choices, budget, and parts availibility.