Sign in to follow this  
Codog

Lee renaldo stolen competition mustang

twas on OSG first, the thread is like 30 pages long after about three days :lol:

Yeah.

BTW, which is the most bitching forum?

i dont go on shortscale anymore because there's too much hate for people who arent pedos

this forum is where i post the most, feels like home and everyone has a laugh

i post at OSG for the projects and pedal builds

I'll probably post my metallica-ised jagstang and see how much they bitch about it :lol::lol:

You gonna paint it black and put an Iron Cross on it? Not meant to be #### comment either I'm wondering cause i've seen some people Hetfield-ise guitars

I saw that.

Apparenly someone bought it and gave it back to the band

Look on shortscale.org

are you kidding? shortscale.org knows #### (theres even a stupid guy called mike who claims jagstang has the same neck as mustang, and he even didnt owned a jagstang, jeezzz), a gut from offsetguitars bought it, i almoast got it but was late, than i later contacted him and he said maybe he would sell it to me, cause he has to sell his another mustang (which is his girlfriends favourite guitar) for keeping this red one and later that day he realises it is the sonic youth mustang, ohhh welll :x

anyway i am glad many of you feel the same about shortscale.org, really strange forum, i like the offsets the best, but this forum is also neet, i visit it regularly but dont post much.

I saw that.

Apparenly someone bought it and gave it back to the band

Look on shortscale.org

are you kidding? shortscale.org knows #### (theres even a stupid guy called mike who claims jagstang has the same neck as mustang, and he even didnt owned a jagstang, jeezzz), a gut from offsetguitars bought it, i almoast got it but was late, than i later contacted him and he said maybe he would sell it to me, cause he has to sell his another mustang (which is his girlfriends favourite guitar) for keeping this red one and later that day he realises it is the sonic youth mustang, ohhh welll :x

anyway i am glad many of you feel the same about shortscale.org, really strange forum, i like the offsets the best, but this forum is also neet, i visit it regularly but dont post much.

btw mustang and jag stangs have the same necks

the jagstang has the same neck as a mustang, not every mustang, their shapes have changed over the years, but the jagstang definately has a neck with the same design as a mustang that Kurt owned

the jagstang has the same neck as a mustang, not every mustang, their shapes have changed over the years, but the jagstang definately has a neck with the same design as a mustang that Kurt owned

No, I think it just depends on the factory.

At the time, they just made necks and bodies and paired them off randomly before sticking on decals and putting on a finish

Jag-stang necks were copies of the neck on Kurt's favorite Mustang.

Which in turn is my favorite guitar neck of all time.

Jag-stang necks were copies of the neck on Kurt's favorite Mustang.

Which in turn is my favorite guitar neck of all time.

Is it the same on your '66 mustang?

The 66 comes very close, but it's a little thicker in width and backshape. My 66's neck is a B-size, I think Kurt's 69' and the Jag-Stangs are based off the A neck size. Fender made 4 neck sizes for 24" scale neck, B is the standard, a is really skinny, c is thicker than normal, and I can imgaine d probably feels like a classical guitar. This was typically an option on the Jaguar, but I can imagine it would possibly be offered on the student models. An A size neck seems more appropriate for a guitar in the student product range anyway, given most of the buyers are younger and have smaller hands.

Or maybe my Mustang is an oddball, because I also have played several vintage Stangs/Musicmasters and even a duo or two, and all of them felt like my Jag-Stang neck, yet my Mustang has a neck date stamp that says FEB66B. I know back in the day guitars were also able to get special requested features more often than not, and at Fender I'm sure it'd be a piece of cake to take a Jaguar neck with a CBS headstock, throw it on the Mustang line, install Dots instead of blocks and binding, and make a small customer requested alteration to suit someone's preferences, at least, it would have been back in the 60's.