jag-stang or cyclone

damn i dont know which one to get

i really like them both except for the cyclone bridge

well its ok

but i cant make my mind up

can someone who knows more about the two guitars tell me which is best

well i would like to play songs like serve the servants, rape me, heart shaped box, slts, and other

and thanx to everyone

well its ok

You dont like the strat bridge? You mad?? it's so simple - the vibrato works and doesnt pull everything out of tune, and you can just tighten the springs if you wanna lock it down.

The jag-stang/mustang may look cool but it's a #### joke - difficuklt to keep in tune, intonate and forget using vibrato. oh yeh and it pretty much kills all sustain.

you have to seriously modify the jagstang just to make it playable!

that said, i had the same choice and went for the jag-stang - just cos of the incredible balance and playability of the neck. I've played a cyclone and the neck feels just like a strat neck..boo.

that said, i still want a cyclone II, just for the jaguar pickups!!

if you want a nirvana sound be prepared to spend money modding the guitar and on effects/amp...

hahhaha true

let's me see

Jag-stang + Modds : Bone/Graphite Nut + Locking Bridge (dunxy idea is the best way) SD JB + Classic Stack/Hot rails/SSL-1/SSL-2 + 11 Gauge Strings By Dean Markley

Effect , Boss DS-1/DS-2 (used ds-1 on 1991/92 used ds-2 on 1993 1994 ( some people like more DS-2 some people hate them) , Electro Harmonix Poly-chorus and Small clone , tech 21 Sans Amp Classic ,

Rack : mesa boogie studio .22 pre-amp , dual crest 4108 power amp

Amp: 2 to 8 Box 4x12 Cabinet's loaded Celestion green back or Vintage .... i think kurt got both ... use vintage on light songs and use green back on heavy songs

Source : Experience's , test's , kurt Equpament .com , and summ guitar geek info

oh also and have things you will never know , like personal config kurt did on equipament

well its ok

You dont like the strat bridge? You mad?? it's so simple - the vibrato works and doesnt pull everything out of tune, and you can just tighten the springs if you wanna lock it down.

The jag-stang/mustang may look cool but it's a #### joke - difficuklt to keep in tune, intonate and forget using vibrato. oh yeh and it pretty much kills all sustain.

you have to seriously modify the jagstang just to make it playable!

that said, i had the same choice and went for the jag-stang - just cos of the incredible balance and playability of the neck. I've played a cyclone and the neck feels just like a strat neck..boo.

that said, i still want a cyclone II, just for the jaguar pickups!!

i do like the strat bridge but would like to play with somethin difernet

well i thnk ill just get the cyclone cuz someone outbid me on ebay

and im tired of tryin

i do like the strat bridge but would like to play with somethin difernet

well i thnk ill just get the cyclone cuz someone outbid me on ebay

and im tired of tryin

if you want something different try a guitar with a fixed bridge. I've got a Fender duo-sonic that sounds great with a hotrails in the bridge (duo-sonic is a mustang but with a fixed bridge and regular 3-way selector switch).

I've also got a Jagmaster, which is based on Kurt's modified jags. very nice guitar, plays with and nice pickups.

if you got more

if you want a nirvana sound be prepared to spend money modding the guitar and on effects/amp...

hahhaha true

let's me see

Jag-stang + Modds : Bone/Graphite Nut + Locking Bridge (dunxy idea is the best way) SD JB + Classic Stack/Hot rails/SSL-1/SSL-2 + 11 Gauge Strings By Dean Markley

Effect , Boss DS-1/DS-2 (used ds-1 on 1991/92 used ds-2 on 1993 1994 ( some people like more DS-2 some people hate them) , Electro Harmonix Poly-chorus and Small clone , tech 21 Sans Amp Classic ,

Rack : mesa boogie studio .22 pre-amp , dual crest 4108 power amp

Amp: 2 to 8 Box 4x12 Cabinet's loaded Celestion green back or Vintage .... i think kurt got both ... use vintage on light songs and use green back on heavy songs

Source : Experience's , test's , kurt Equpament .com , and summ guitar geek info

oh also and have things you will never know , like personal config kurt did on equipament

You could do that, or get away with:

- A fender with hot humbuckers and warm singles

- A rough, higain distortion

- A chorus

- A vintage tube amp stack

Fiddle with settings a bit and you will get the Kurt sound.

• 4 months later...