minho422

Competition Yellow mustang

I finally decided to just get the new reissue and have professional painter to refinish it.

the guitar finish painter is the one who did finishes for Motley Crue and some other famous artists. http://www.martybellfinishing.com

the color will be yellow (with matching headstock), and dark orange competition stripes.

the whole process will cost about $1150. the new reissue is $699 from Mr.Music, and the rest are for the refinish and shipping.

255125_1.jpg

I finally decided to just get the new reissue and have professional painter to refinish it.

the guitar finish painter is the one who did finishes for Motley Crue and some other famous artists. http://www.martybellfinishing.com

the color will be yellow (with matching headstock), and dark orange competition stripes.

the whole process will cost about $1150. the new reissue is $699 from Mr.Music, and the rest are for the refinish and shipping.

255125_1.jpg

Yo you talking about the Mr. Music in Brighton

:?

I think it would cost less from warmoth

not really. I thought of that too and I estimated the prices, and it was about $1200-ish without the shipping. if I add shippings for warmoth guitar and hardwares and electronics, then it's almost $1300.

only get the body, neck, pickguard, vibrato and control plate from warmoth. The rest you should order at guitarfetish (pickups, wires, pots, tuners) And then just get a couple of switches on ebay.

only get the body, neck, pickguard, vibrato and control plate from warmoth. The rest you should order at guitarfetish (pickups, wires, pots, tuners) And then just get a couple of switches on ebay.

no I already decided to get a new one and refinish it, so that's what I'll do. by the way, Warmoth has a licencing issues so they don't have the same measurements as the originals.

no I already decided to get a new one and refinish it, so that's what I'll do. by the way, Warmoth has a licencing issues so they don't have the same measurements as the originals.

do they really? i didnt know that about warmoth.

If you dont live in the US, you can just buy a yellow mustang for Japan and then put comp stripes on it :-cool

what?! do you know where I can find one? that would be a lot easier to get it customized. and is the body poplar?

If you dont live in the US, you can just buy a yellow mustang for Japan and then put comp stripes on it :-cool

nevermind.. those are basswood

Whats wrong with basswood? Why do u have to have poplar? My basswood mustang is nice :-cool

Marty Bell does good work and he's fast. Do you have a source for a white Mustang decal?

Marty said he can get a good one from UK, but it takes 2 weeks to get it. I'm still looking for one in the US..

nevermind.. those are basswood

Whats wrong with basswood? Why do u have to have poplar? My basswood mustang is nice :-cool

I've used basswood Parker and Ibanez superstrat shape before, and they didn't fit my style at all. basswoods used in Parker or Ibanez are good, but I don't like the short-ringing sound.