Squier Jagmaster vs Fender Tornado

Jagmaster or Tornado  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Jagmaster or Tornado

• Jagmaster
    • Tornado

I've never played a Toronado, but the first gen Toros are some of my fave guitars in terms of looks, but based on demos I have seen on youtube, they can be VERY stinging in the treble. But they really look stunning.

I'd say go a Vista Jagmaster. They have a good reputation, good sound, and seem to becoming pretty collectible. AND prices have really dropped off on them lately, while Toro prices seem to be going up.

Thanks! Keep 'em coming!!!

I've got a lead on a one of the Tornado w/ the racing strips that I may be able to pick up next week. Does anyone know how these sound/play/feel? Its not in town & I can't get to it tell next week. I'm really now sure about it tho cause its gold(pukes on keyboard) but if the price is right I may go for it anyways :9

I just lost out on a vista jagmaster on ebay :( :( :( but if another pops up I may jump on it.

At this point I know I like the look/feel of the jagmaster but would prob put new pups in. The Tornados are cool & seem to have better pups (right?) but I've only found the gold one which doesn't really float my boat.

Thanks! Keep 'em coming!!!

I've got a lead on a one of the Tornado w/ the racing strips that I may be able to pick up next week. Does anyone know how these sound/play/feel? Its not in town & I can't get to it tell next week. I'm really now sure about it tho cause its gold(pukes on keyboard) but if the price is right I may go for it anyways :9

I just lost out on a vista jagmaster on ebay :( :( :( but if another pops up I may jump on it.

At this point I know I like the look/feel of the jagmaster but would prob put new pups in. The Tornados are cool & seem to have better pups (right?) but I've only found the gold one which doesn't really float my boat.

fran had a toro with the stripes

however gold is a bit :-tired but aslong as it sounds good

Does anyone know if the pups on the toronado have 4 wires? I think I'd want to put push-pulls in to coil tap it but don't know if it possible.

I found out a friend here in town has one (I didn't even knew he played) & when he heard I wanted one wouldn't stop talking to me about it. He doesn't know much about it (spec wise) but kept saying how great it was. He let me play it but not open it up. After just 5-10 min of playing on it I realized its what I want so now its just finding one @ the right price :9

Lollerbates!

Who voted Jagmaster? They are'nt in the same league.

The Vista JM is good but the Toronado does the dual humbucker job better, they all feel different as well. The MIM models are'nt like the GT one bit.

thanks fran...I played the GT that was for sale but this one was a big giant slice of :-hateit

The neck was all warped and the frets needed lots of work and it was just in not so good shape. Still loved the it though and the pups sounded GREAT so I talked to the guy at the shop to see what price he'd take or if he'd trade my Tele for it. The price tag said "$899 down from $950" I offered him $650 or my tele and he actually laught. My tele was a stretch for sure but in the condition it was in $650 was way more then fair but I should have known that he had a problem sense this things been in his shop for like 8 months.

I was disappointed but whatever....he's a tool

• 3 weeks later...
I think the JagMasters are winning Fran...
They will, its more accessible. 90% of people here have never held a Toronado never mind played one, but lets face it, if the Pixies, Sonic Youth, Mars Volta and whatever other band people like at the moment used Toronados they would be voted better.

I think Jagmasters are great but the Toronado is a better guitar, its not rocket science, the origin and pricing is a clue as to which is the higher end model. :lol: