Jagmaster or Tornado  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Jagmaster or Tornado

• Jagmaster
    • Tornado

Sound: Tornado

Looks: Jagmaster

Definitely.

I think the toronado is a downright ugly guitar, but i dont know how it sounds.

Me personally, id go with the jagmaster.

cic jagmasters are good for a cheap guitar, but they are still cheap guitars it just dose not play as well as stang or even the ORM1 imho. but the have a VERY solid body.

I've played both of these guitars. And in my experience I preferred the Tornado. I didn't like the satin neck on the Jagmaster but the Tornado had a little bit of a Gloss feel, Comparable to my bullet strat(I love the neck finish) I didn't buy either, so if you live near Jonesboro Arkansas I can give you the shop it was in. It was the Yellow one with no stripe and had humbuckers. It sounded really good too.

Well I've recently purchased a Standard Series J-M off Evil Bay and I'm chuffed to bits with it. Feels really solid like the Supersonic and the pick up's, for a cheap guitar, are amazin'. If the J-S had come with stocks like this I'd have been more than happy with it. The neck is pretty good too.

I'd love a Tor(a)nado though too.

I have a Cyclone, which sure as hell rips the $hit out of a Tor(a)nado.

Which one do you have,the original Fender Cyclone's had the same bridge pickup as a mim Toronado,they share the same scale length as well so there not to much different but I would not say it blows a Toronado out of the water.The Toronado I have sounds alot like a SG but with a fatter sound with alot of sustain.

I do like the Cyclone's but I think the pickgaurd shape and strat trem is what put me off from buying one but I have played them before and there great sounding guitars none the less.

i had a jagmaster but the Toronado wins cuz its frickin sexy

Same here. I think MIM deluxe Toronado has more tonal options due to separate tone and volume controls. But I haven't played one.

I have a Cyclone, which sure as hell rips the $hit out of a Tor(a)nado.
Which model to which?

First generation model to first generation model?

I bought the same Fender Toronado as Fran's old main guitar through ebay. I really respect Fran's taste of offset waist guitars, his musicianship and opinion... and this one's a treat to the eyes and the ears. I'm from the philippines and this guitar is very very rare (unlike the Jagstangs that are literally littered along shopping malls) Since the Fender Toronado GT HH(with seymour suncan pickups) and the common Jagmaster(commonly with duncan designed pickups) are both manufactured in Korea, I think that the Fender Toronado is the better guitar - hands down.

As one entry said it's no rocket science---the price dictates so, the headstock dictates so. The Toronado's a Fender not a Squier. I think that the only cool Squier guitar is the discontinued Super-sonic(Vista series made in Japan, Omar Rodriguez's main guitar during his At the Drive-in days)....PLUS: The Toronado maybe derivative but the general look esp the very cool racing stripes tops of the fight while the common Jagmaster is a cheap looking jagmaster with no innovation in its aesthetic look

If you want a taste or a slab of this Toronado, look for Frans'd band, Temporary Asylum in youtube and melt your eyes and ears to the awesome-ness of this rare guitar....very cool indeed :-cool

Are Jag-stangs REALLY that common in Philippines???

How much are you exagerating?

Thats what i was thinking, i mean i don't know about you robb, but i have NEVER seen a JS in Australia.

I want to correct what I said in the previous post - Iw as referring to the Jagmaster not the Jag-stangs. Jag-stangs, Jaguars and Mustangs are very rare in here. You really have to get one of these via ebay if you have the cash. I got the Toronado GT HH since it's really rare, discontinued and visually very unique and appealing(imho). The Squiers are all over the malls esp. the Jagmaster(this is the only common Fender/Squier offset guitar in here, aside from the Jazzmaster-local imitations)

...well the Ibanez Jet King is also available in malls. Got my Fender Jaguar CIJ via ebay

I want to correct what I said in the previous post - Iw as referring to the Jagmaster not the Jag-stangs. Jag-stangs, Jaguars and Mustangs are very rare in here. You really have to get one of these via ebay if you have the cash. I got the Toronado GT HH since it's really rare, discontinued and visually very unique and appealing(imho). The Squiers are all over the malls esp. the Jagmaster(this is the only common Fender/Squier offset guitar in here, aside from the Jazzmaster-local imitations)

...well the Ibanez Jet King is also available in malls. Got my Fender Jaguar CIJ via ebay

paltic, "kabayan". Good find. Better not part with that GT HH.

I have not seen a single jag-stang, mustang or jaguar at guitars stores in Manila.

Here in Singapore, once in a while a few pieces pop up but the price tags are high. Most are at USD1K onwards.

Last week I saw a J. Mascis Jazzmaster (i guess.. coz it's purple) from a local shop. Damn, it's eye candy! But I've never seen a jagmaster here. I guess I'm the only one with a jagmaster.

oist kabayan, nice to hear from a fellow Pinoy offset waist lover. yes im not letting this one go. It's discontinued so its really rare. I really love the tone of this guitar. goodluck in finding a decent jaguar or mustang. im targeting on a mustang as my next guitar. i want to bring the toranodo to gigs while my jag is at home. I really love jaguars. i think you're referring to jmsacis' jazzmaster. im not into jmascis purple jazzmaster. i thinks its horrible. but i do like Elvis Costello's signature color....and of course I love Thurston Moore's jazzmaster. you should also checkout the Eastwood guitars like the Saturn 63 for (which also looks good). So you're into jagmasters? that's also fine but i honestly prefer my toro because of the hot seymour duncans. well... to each his own. I'm also looking for a Squier Super-sonic (looks hot)

dude, do you have a band? are you in manila right now or you working fulltime in Singapore? we can jam some time...o kaya tagay minsan :-cool

I guess we're the only pinoys here. Finally got into a band after 2 years of bedroom playing. Switched from keys to rhythm guitar after the other guitarist quit. Still got a lot of things to learn. I can only do power chords. :oops:

oh yeah, just completed my mustang project. I actually posted a thread at the mustang section. I have no plans of modding my vista jagmaster. That one will stay stock. It sounds more aggressive and it feels like a fender. But I still prefer my franken-stang for gigs.

My wishlist is the MIM toronado deluxe that's why I voted for Toronado :wink: .

contact me if you going back to manila. lets jam sometime. it doesn't matter how you play with your guitar what matters is that you have the drive to play it and you have your own instrument.... progress comes in time so is taste and style, esp when it comes to- taste of offset waist guitars

wow you also make your own guitar? kewlness....i dream of that too but i feel its kinda more expensive to build rather than buy something 2nd hand or used. i like guitars that have their own share of story and history...used guitars are cool

I bought the same Fender Toronado as Fran's old main guitar through ebay. I really respect Fran's taste of offset waist guitars, his musicianship and opinion... and this one's a treat to the eyes and the ears. I'm from the philippines and this guitar is very very rare (unlike the Jagstangs that are literally littered along shopping malls) Since the Fender Toronado GT HH(with seymour suncan pickups) and the common Jagmaster(commonly with duncan designed pickups) are both manufactured in Korea, I think that the Fender Toronado is the better guitar - hands down.

As one entry said it's no rocket science---the price dictates so, the headstock dictates so. The Toronado's a Fender not a Squier. I think that the only cool Squier guitar is the discontinued Super-sonic(Vista series made in Japan, Omar Rodriguez's main guitar during his At the Drive-in days)....PLUS: The Toronado maybe derivative but the general look esp the very cool racing stripes tops of the fight while the common Jagmaster is a cheap looking jagmaster with no innovation in its aesthetic look

If you want a taste or a slab of this Toronado, look for Frans'd band, Temporary Asylum in youtube and melt your eyes and ears to the awesome-ness of this rare guitar....very cool indeed :-cool

Wow, thanks for the compliments dude, i've only just caught up with this thread. ;-)