Sign in to follow this  
MovEax

High E string no sound

I installed a DiMarzio D-Activator-X (or whatever it's worded) and a Seymor Duncan Hot Rail in my JagStang. The Hotrail is currently not connected properly (idk what I did wrong) anyways since i only have the DM hooked up and working but on the high E string if i bend an extreme amount it cuts out. Like no sound at all. It becomes VERY apparent over the 12th fret area but if i ry i can do it anywhere on the fretboard but only on that string. Any idea why? Or that if it ill be the same for my hotrail?

Just fixed up my hotrail and it seems to sound just fine now but i broke the string so i didn't test it too much but it seems to only do that on the DiMarzio pup

I'll upload some pics when i find my camera. I don't know it it's that. The Hotrail is a lot higher up then the humbucker. The humbucker is level with the pick guard and the hotrail is 1/4 of an inch higher? I think less i don't know inches well.

i was thinkin it was something to do with the strings too, but, maybe you could raise the right side of the pup where the e string is to get a closer range, maybe it wont do that anymore. just a guess. :-tired