I would prefer the extra benifits of a tremolo and WRHPs (especially if splittable) at that kind of price. Of course there's always the squire version of the first one which has a tele headstock and weighs in at less than half the price.

And strat headstocks on teles is sacrilegious, I don't care how long they've been doing it for.

+1 I remember seeing Noddy Holder playing a thinline with CBS headstock on TOTP2. Did not want.

They look great and I love how people complain about the headstock on the Telecaster Deluxe,thats how it's been since the Telecaster Deluxe came out in 1972.

I wonder if they will offer one with a rosewood fretboard,thats would look awesome.

They look great and I love how people complain about the headstock on the Telecaster Deluxe,thats how it's been since the Telecaster Deluxe came out in 1972.

I wonder if they will offer one with a rosewood fretboard,thats would look awesome.

funny thing about the headstock is that my friends dad has a 52 tele with a 60 or so strat neck on it because the original broke and he's had it since sometime in the 60's i believe, so maybe he was the inspiration for the tele deluxe! ha, but personally i think they look better in person, pictures with the CBS headstock always look dorky but the guitars IRL look great

I like em all ,especially that they are making the Tele deluxe with the vibrato again. The Strat vibrato was a rare feature that was availible on the 1970's originals, the first edition of the Fender Book had a Telecaster Deluxe with a strat vibrato from 1973 in it.

agreed that the ja-90 is better, but it's still nice to see more p-90 teles. certain vibratos will never look right to me on certain guitar shapes, because those shapes have extreme implications and suggestions... a strat trem on a tele, or any trem on a les paul will never look right to me (maybe a bigsby would...) a floyd on a strat is the same thing... i'll never quite get used to strat trems on the jagmaster, etc, etc. its like a les paul with tele pickups, its just not right.

• 3 weeks later...

Tele with the vibrato is sweet. I've liked those since I saw my first one in the Fender Book when I was 12.

I also like these new P-90 variations, used to trick out guitars on paper when I was younger and one of my ideas was one of those, but with a vibrato.

• 1 month later...