Jeff Leites

My Mustang project is complete

I'm finally Done! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

CompletedMustang.jpg

CompletedMustang2.jpg

Here are the specks again:

Warmoth body, neck, pickguard, control plate, trem, modified bridge.

Ebony fingerboard

Graphite Nut

Stainless Steel frets

Schaller mini locking tuners

Roller string tee

Swamp Ash body w/clear finish

Carvin twin rail humbucker pickups

Slide switches for each pickup wired - Humbucker--Off--Singlecoil

(wired so that the neck pickup tap is shorted to ground, and the bridge pickup tap

is shorted to hot. That way the opposite humbucker coils are used in single pickup

mode, creating humbucker action between the two pickups)

Push/Pull (actually Push/Push like a foot switch) tone control wired for reverse phase.

Very nice. Great job w/ the taps like that & I really dig the ability to reverse phase them, kinda keeps the mustang quality.

Well done.

NICE!!! :D

How are those stainless steel frets for string breakage? I've heard pretty horrific things about them :?

This is the first time I've used them, so i don't know yet. I didn't know about them being rough on the strings.

What's bugging me now is the trem. Just like my original Mustang. It's throwing the tuning off. It doesn't take much to throw it off by a half step :-mad

Trem update: I just applied some Triflow to the nut... no change. Then I sprayed some into the bridge cups (the best I could without loosening the strings, which may not be a bad idea), and on the trem posts (where it pivots). Now I can move the trem in way more extreme positions then i'd ever actually use, and comes right back in tune :mrgreen: I should have tested it after lubing the bridge cups and before the trem posts, so that I'd know which was the fix.

Slide switches for each pickup wired - Humbucker--Off--Singlecoil

(wired so that the neck pickup tap is shorted to ground, and the bridge pickup tap

is shorted to hot. That way the opposite humbucker coils are used in single pickup

mode, creating humbucker action between the two pickups)

Push/Pull (actually Push/Push like a foot switch) tone control wired for reverse phase.

this is the best and useful mustang mod i've seen so far...

any wiring diagram? :)

Marlon,

what a beautiful Mustang! I'm refinishing mine right now and yours is an inspiration.

Yours has gorgeous wood to start with. Mine will be natural wood finish also but, because mine is Poplar, I have to mute the variegated grains with Butternut Gel Stain, Fender Neck Amber, and Nitro Tinted Clear Coat. It will be handsome. But no one will say it's "beautiful"...congratulations!

Doug