Cymastar

Chinese Squiers: Quality?

I was talking to my cousin about his Squier Precision Bass. He gave me the serial number as EY01068306.

I'm assuming he meant CY01068306, as I have never seen nor heard of an EY Squier of any kind.

This would put his bass as a "Crafted in China" Chinese Squier made in 2001 in Yako, Taiwan.

What was quality like on these, compared to other Squiers (except the obviously superior Mexican, Japanese, and Korean)?

Hey Cy, good to see you back.

Chinese CY Squiers... hmm. If I have a field of expertise, this is probably it :)

I own 2 (soon to be 3) CY guitars (my Jagmaster and my Telecaster) and I love them to death. The quality seems to me to be very acceptable. In fact, my Telecaster is also a CY01. The new guitar I am buying is another CY Telecaster (an 08) and when I took it out off the box to look at it, it was already more or less set up. They seem to have a bit of pride in Taiwan.

Watch out for Squiers with a CT serial number. The dude at the music shop made me compare a couple of Bullets (a CY and a CT), and the CY was VASTLY superior.

Doesn't matter.

Decided on a Squier VN (aka Made in Korea) because it was the same price but had a maple fretboard.

Also, as an early 90s Korean bass, and not a Squier II, the quality should be on par with Mexican and Japanese Squiers.

Played a 2002 Indonesian squier strat which was better than my chinese 2005 one. My jagstang was better than both of them, but my 2001 squier stagemaster (CIC) is 3x better than all those guitars put together :lol:

Played a 2002 Indonesian squier strat which was better than my chinese 2005 one. My jagstang was better than both of them, but my 2001 squier stagemaster (CIC) is 3x better than all those guitars put together :lol:

I was asking Robb, not you. Don't care about your opinion.

Pedo. :lol:

Hmmmmmmm....... a lot of hate on this forum. Neil wouldn't like it. Vivian would though. "I'VE JUST KILLED A HIPPY!"

dude I don't think anyone on here knows who Neil or Vivian are.

(PS what are you talking about u just killed a hippy... huh?)

Hmmmmmmm....... a lot of hate on this forum. Neil wouldn't like it. Vivian would though. "I'VE JUST KILLED A HIPPY!"

dude I don't think anyone on here knows who Neil or Vivian are.

(PS what are you talking about u just killed a hippy... huh?)

This is who he means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_f9nO3zwI

My dad sold a car to Nigel Planer y'know :wink:

Im gonna do a Poll on age here, im sure some people are about 11 year old or something- or retarded.

The Chinese stuff keeps getting better and better. Anything from the last several years is in no way inferior.

Im gonna do a Poll on age here, im sure some people are about 11 year old or something- or retarded.

The Chinese stuff keeps getting better and better. Anything from the last several years is in no way inferior.

Let us know when the poll is up, Fran :)

i am not 11 i am 12years 6 months!!

Why do kids always do that??? :lol:

Some guy on another forum posted a pic of himself in the 'post a pic of yourself thread' and said underneath 'I'm 13'

Then someone else said.... Woah, you're my kids age :shock:

And he said.... well 13.75 to be fair

:lol:

I'm 12 years and 250 months old!

:arrow:

I'm about the same :-D

I've just bought a 2000 Chinese Squire on eBay for $40. Unseen.

Hey it was £40. 

It's for my studio... I want a strat tone in my arsenal. I'm still waiting for delivery... What should I expect from a Chinese Squier of that era. Anyone have any experience with this?

Well, I’m 111 yrs old, & I’ve seen em all, hippies and such. These guys here are lead players -snarkiness is to be expected.

👵🏽 💤

So,

🏽,  🤟🏽 & most of all

🤘🏽 🎸🎶 

whin.jpg