• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very interesting! got any details on it? also Nice amp! got any more gear shots?

Thanks! The guitar: -Fender Mexico Strat neck -Warmoth body, Lake Placid Blue -RS electronics -GFS P-90s -3-way switching(Switchcraft) with master volume/tone The amp is a 1971/72 Hiwatt Custom

Here is my 1959 Jazzmaster I keep it in the closet as I never learned how to play a guitar. All original

Very interesting! got any details on it?

also Nice amp! got any more gear shots?

Thanks!

The guitar:

-Fender Mexico Strat neck

-Warmoth body, Lake Placid Blue

-RS electronics

-GFS P-90s

-3-way switching(Switchcraft) with master volume/tone

The amp is a 1971/72 Hiwatt Custom 50, 98% original, and it sounds great! On top of it sits a Roland Stage Echo(tape).

I dont have any more gear shots right now, as my computer is at service, but will post more when I get it back. I have a MIJ Mustang that i will post pictures of later.

• Like 1

That's a jazzmaster.>.>

Also how's it feel? Would you say it's worth the money, or would I be better off buying a CP jazzy?

It's one of the new black top Fender series Jazzys. I am really pleased with it. I gave a full description of it in the Black Top discussion thread in this site. After having it for nearly a month I still enjoy it everyday, and would definately buy another one if I had the money. Only thing i dont really like is the screws in the bridge keep coming loose and rattling as i play.

It's one of the new black top Fender series Jazzys. I am really pleased with it. I gave a full description of it in the Black Top discussion thread in this site. After having it for nearly a month I still enjoy it everyday, and would definately buy another one if I had the money. Only thing i dont really like is the screws in the bridge keep coming loose and rattling as i play.

I hear that that's a normal issue with jazzy bridges. On my SJM which is basically a jazzmaster copy I changed out the ####ty stock bridge for a TOM

• 1 month later...

Here is my 1959 Jazzmaster

2KJazzmasterBody.jpg

I keep it in the closet as I never learned how to play a guitar.

2GJazzmasterBody.jpg

All original

59Jazzmaster-Echo-amp.jpg

you lucky man.... you have a 59 reissue!!!

tell us how this beauty came into your hands.

In my opinion this is the best looking-sounding stock jazzy....

Only just cause you own this ...you should definately learn how to play!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

vastrange - well, I have two children - a son and a daughter, and I love them both equally, even though they are different, and these guitars are kind of like that :)

I think the Blacktop Jaguar is a better harder rock machine. You can get some really cool sounds out of the Jazzmaster. My first electric guitar, bought new, by my Dad on an 18 percent interest loan for $600 (he also got a Peavey Deuce amp) was a 76 Stratocaster, in natural blond wood with a black pickguard... and that was a CBS crap quality instrument (although I did not know that at the time). I don't have it anymore, but I do remember enough about the quality that these MIM Jagmasters are really good guitars. I mean scary good for the price.

They are hot sounding, the pickups really scream if you push 'em. Pots are poo, but I'll live with the limitations for now. I don't think I'd change anything on the guitars otherwise.

Purrday. I wanna get one they are so cheap! How dyou like the tremolo on the Jazzy? Does the trem arm screw in like on the CPs? Stay in tune well?

Its a drop in arm. It doesn't screw in. As long as you don't do extended dive bombs, it stays in tune just fine. In fact, I am *very* impressed by how well both guitars stay in tune in the case, especially the Jag (to be expected with no tremolo). The state of the art at the time the Jazzmaster was designed wasn't for the kind of whammy bar abuse you see in modern music... you'd need to install a Floyd Rose setup in my mind, by the time you get to that point its not really a Jazzmaster anymore. And whammy bar abuse ala Steve Vai is cool but I don't personally consider it musical :)

Both of them are very high quality for MIM but its still worth it - I'm going to do this - to take them to a good setup guy after you've broken them in a bit and have 'em set up sweet. Plan on keeping mine stock, though.

• 3 weeks later...

my god!!!...... if this is a genuine 59 (in such a perfect condition!!!!) ..... this guy owns a real treasure.... the rarest of the rare.

It is the real thing. A 1959 Jazzmaster. I have all the paper work that came with it,

Even the 2 keys, the gray coard, and the hand written price tag.

Yep....$401.50 + tax

ByerlyInvoiceCopy.jpg

It has slept in a Jazzmaster box for many years. I was tempted to sell it several years ago but I hated to part with something I held onto for so many years.

When I was in high school, I went to buy a Stratocaster and the salesman talked me into the Jazzmaster. It had been setting on his shelf for several years and he wanted to get rid of it. He talked me out of the Strat and into the more costly guitar.

7BJazzmasterinCaserwithorigionals.jpg

It gets tunned once or twice a year and then put back into the closet. It has no cracking in the finish do to it has never gone through any temeture changes. It is the origional finish. The origional strings were on it for the first 15 to 20 years.

I am now changing them every 10 years if it needs it or not. (LOL)

3A.JazzmasterBack.jpg

The scratch on the back was done when I left the strap on the guitar and it shifted in the case. The trem arm stays on it all the time but the strap is now left in the storage compartment.

• Like 1

It is the real thing. A 1959 Jazzmaster. I have all the paper work that came with it,

Yep....$401.50 + tax

ByerlyInvoiceCopy.jpg

It has slept in a Jazzmaster box for many years. I was tempted to sell it several years ago but I hated to part with something I held onto for so many years.

When I was in high school, I went to buy a Stratocaster and the salesman talked me into the Jazzmaster. It had been setting on his shelf for several years and he wanted to get rid of it. He talked me out of the Strat and into the more costly guitar.

It gets tunned once or twice a year and then put back into the closet. It has no cracking in the finish do to it has never gone through any temeture changes. It is the origional finish. The origional strings were on it for the first 15 to 20 years.

3A.JazzmasterBack.jpg

The scratch on the back was done when I left the strap on the guitar and it shifted in the case. The trem arm stays on it all the time but the strap is now left in the storage compartment.

I have no words to express how much i love this guitar. For me this the prettiest guitar ever made by far!!!!! She's so unique and really has no price..... if i were you i would never ever sell her.

thank you so much for sharing all this.

Yep....$401.50 + tax

ByerlyInvoiceCopy.jpg

3A.JazzmasterBack.jpg

Ya dont see 'em that nice much so I'd keep it in its case under my bed and play something else as some day it will be worth tons your kids can possibly retire on it! :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as per the below post I enquired about the Sonic Youth Jazzys last week to be told Fender were no longer manufacturing them, had sold out of the Lee Ranaldo model and had 2 Thurston Moore models left.

After a bit of bartering and them offering me a great deal I put down a deposit.

When I ordered my Jag-Stang it took months to arrive, not the case this time, 8 days later and I had it in my grubby hands :)

DSC03715b.jpg

with some of it's new friends;

DSC03718b.jpg

Currently tuned in DDAF#AD :cool:

• Like 1

I'm fairly sure he said it's a genuine '59, not a reissue.

It looks awfully new to me though. Pic of the serial number please?

(Who am I, the Jazzmaster police?)

ha ha, the jazzmaster police!! You should get a badge that says that. Every time there is a jazzmaster mistake or someone puts a picture of a ruined one you can post a pic of the badge.

Is it legit? If so, he could retire now if someone appreciates that kind of investment huh? What is it worth right now if you had to guess?

• 1 month later...

Greetings to all of you, I'm new here and joined up recently after I bought this original well worn '62. It is an amazing guitar! Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Best to all of you!

AlanB

Welcome! Very nice!!