probably a good thing! ive got too many guitars (for the size of my house) but i want more, i just cant afford it. really want a jazzmaster of some kind, but i might just have to settle for a silversparkle jagmaster my mate (who looks like you, oddly enough!) has said hed sell me.

Nice! If you get it, post pics. :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very interesting! got any details on it? also Nice amp! got any more gear shots?

Thanks! The guitar: -Fender Mexico Strat neck -Warmoth body, Lake Placid Blue -RS electronics -GFS P-90s -3-way switching(Switchcraft) with master volume/tone The amp is a 1971/72 Hiwatt Custom

Here is my 1959 Jazzmaster I keep it in the closet as I never learned how to play a guitar. All original

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been rocking my home-built Jazzmaster (from the start of this thread) for goin' on 2 years now. Recap of specs....

- WD Ash Jazzmaster Body

- Pickup Wizards Pickup (bridge), Fender AVRI Jazzmaster pickup (neck)

- Tommy's Custom Bodies and necks Neck

I built this thing in my Studio Apartment, there's even a build thread on OSG and might be one here too.....

231011_10150190088599528_769504527_6758440_3464376_n.jpg

Art Show Gig

312230_10150346377408003_558198002_8430988_1363509150_n.jpg

And the band behind was the whole start of me wanting a Jazzmaster in the first place

227059_10150179896774528_769504527_6680830_1475733_n.jpg

And speaking of The Cars.......

It's been a while since I've been on this site, and I was just cruising around it and figured I'll show off this Fender Jazzmaster that I built for those that care. By built, I mean assembled out of parts. I started with a body and neck that I found on ebay.

1-1.jpg

I had to route out the pickup cutouts for humbuckers.

2.jpg

The whole cavity was lined in copper.

3.jpg

Here I am wiring it up. You can see my hand drawn wiring diagram here. The roller pots above the pickups cut out a coil of each one of the pickups so I can go from the full dual coil to full single coil and anywhere inbetween. The two position switch on the top horn switches between the normal tone capacitor and a distortion circuit.

4.jpg

I cut out stock Jazzmaster pickup covers to install the humbuckers. It's got a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and an overwound Gibson PAF for the neck position pickup. This guitar flat out SCREAMS!

6.jpg

Here's the finished product.

CopyofIMG_3340.jpg

is that considered to be an anodized gold pickguard?

is that considered to be an anodized gold pickguard?

That's a Fender Japan anodized gold pickguard and it wasn't cheap either (that's not counting the $40 I spent on a USA spec one trying to get that one to work). It was around $120, but they won't ship to the United States. So, I paid I don't know how much to ship it to a friend in Okinawa. Then I had him ship it to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...