Your Jazzmaster Pictures

probably a good thing! ive got too many guitars (for the size of my house) but i want more, i just cant afford it. really want a jazzmaster of some kind, but i might just have to settle for a silversparkle jagmaster my mate (who looks like you, oddly enough!) has said hed sell me.

Nice! If you get it, post pics. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been rocking my home-built Jazzmaster (from the start of this thread) for goin' on 2 years now. Recap of specs....

- WD Ash Jazzmaster Body

- Pickup Wizards Pickup (bridge), Fender AVRI Jazzmaster pickup (neck)

- Tommy's Custom Bodies and necks Neck

I built this thing in my Studio Apartment, there's even a build thread on OSG and might be one here too.....

231011_10150190088599528_769504527_6758440_3464376_n.jpg

Art Show Gig

312230_10150346377408003_558198002_8430988_1363509150_n.jpg

And the band behind was the whole start of me wanting a Jazzmaster in the first place

227059_10150179896774528_769504527_6680830_1475733_n.jpg

And speaking of The Cars.......

It's been a while since I've been on this site, and I was just cruising around it and figured I'll show off this Fender Jazzmaster that I built for those that care. By built, I mean assembled out of parts. I started with a body and neck that I found on ebay.

1-1.jpg

I had to route out the pickup cutouts for humbuckers.

2.jpg

The whole cavity was lined in copper.

3.jpg

Here I am wiring it up. You can see my hand drawn wiring diagram here. The roller pots above the pickups cut out a coil of each one of the pickups so I can go from the full dual coil to full single coil and anywhere inbetween. The two position switch on the top horn switches between the normal tone capacitor and a distortion circuit.

4.jpg

I cut out stock Jazzmaster pickup covers to install the humbuckers. It's got a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and an overwound Gibson PAF for the neck position pickup. This guitar flat out SCREAMS!

6.jpg

Here's the finished product.

CopyofIMG_3340.jpg

is that considered to be an anodized gold pickguard?

is that considered to be an anodized gold pickguard?

That's a Fender Japan anodized gold pickguard and it wasn't cheap either (that's not counting the $40 I spent on a USA spec one trying to get that one to work). It was around $120, but they won't ship to the United States. So, I paid I don't know how much to ship it to a friend in Okinawa. Then I had him ship it to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...