anyone selling a USA mustang?

my yellow mustang project was ruined because of the warmoth body, so I just got refund for it and planning to just sell the birdeye neck and buy a vintage mustang.

so anyone selling a vintage mustang?

I'm looking for any year but not the late '70s ash body mustangs.

color really doesn't matter, but I would prefer competition series.

'66 in that condition is rare, but there's no reserve, and the finish and the fretboard looks way too clean for a 43 year old guitar. if it had the original finish, even without any harsh conditions the color would have aged, but that color looks like the recent MIJ with polyurethene.

maybe its neck and body was completely modified, or he just bought a japanese reissue body and put a '66 neck on it

and this is off topic but what's up with the shipping? last time I ordered the mustang body at warmoth, the usps priority parcel was only about $24, but $110???? is that being teleported or something?

There are still 7 days on the auction. Request some more photos with the neck removed to see how the paint looks in the pocket. It would be in the sellers interest to share some more detailed photos. I think it looks genuine. That green edge on the top of the body. I have a feeling it's legit and that it will go for

There are still 7 days on the auction. Request some more photos with the neck removed to see how the paint looks in the pocket. It would be in the sellers interest to share some more detailed photos. I think it looks genuine. That green edge on the top of the body. I have a feeling it's legit and that it will go for

I like the red comp stripe one cuz it looks like it'll play good enough and in the long run what are a few scratches in the paint.

Beware of the Oly White 1964 Mustang on Ebay...the one with the "Alder" body. The guy told me he knows it's Alder, "because it's a little Strat and Strats were all Alder back then."

He refused to double check to see if it might be true that no Alder Mustangs were made then. Maybe the guitar's fine, but ya gotta be wary of this guy.

Here is another Daphne Blue original that matches the auction guitar.

another shot of that guitar.

and a different daph mustang.

I know there is a big range in how these age. Usually they are lighter or greener, but I think that is just because most guitars get more light since they are kept out of their case and light changes the color. If a guitar stays in the case for most of its life it will keep that old color. I do with the seller would just post a bunch of pictures of the guitar with the pickguard off and the neck removed.

I agree with you, Don and JB. "Sharkskin case" is probably Mr. Manipulative's creative language for the standard case. In one photo you can just see the corner of what looks like the silver-grey textured covering you'd expect.