hey all, i just got a dapne blue '69 Ri that was strung with heavy flatwounds when i got it.(i don't know the gauge) i have fender lead 2 with 9's for bending, so, i'm having fun with the flatwounds for now, the neck seems ok, do i need to do anything with the truss rod? does anyone have opinions about flats? what strings are folks putting on their stangs? thanks!

thanks, so i shouldn't need to do anything with the truss rod adjustment, as heavy gauge strings are pretty standard with the shortscale neck? i don't know what to look for,seems ok.flats sound good with distortion and chorus i've been using.(also ,the trem has been locked with washers.) i appreciate the opinions !!!

I've always used 011s on my mustang because it just feels right. I have 9 gauges on my Ibanez superstrat, fender strat-ultra, and schecter c-1 semihollow, but I just have to have 11s on a mustang. it allows you to play harder and put more effort, and that's how a mustang should be played so 11 gauge is the way

• 9 months later...
Haha, nice one. How about understand the difference between the words "you're" and "your?"

someone obviously doesnt understand the internet very well >.> think most people shorten their typing on forums and social networking sites. See ya later mate. Obviously a bit of a spammer with nothing better to do.