I just won the '78 mustang with maple neck for $700.

I was trying to find a beat up competition blue or orange, but I just could not find one under a thousand... closest one was comp blue for 1100, found on craigslist. it's listed as 1500

well, I prefer black with maple fretboard (4 out of 5 guitars of mine are black/maple), and a plain white or white pearl pickguard. I'm going to replace the pickguard to white pearl as soon as I get it.

I'm guessing that the body is ash, since the owner said it's 8lb. it seems to be in a descent condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300345972473&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

oh, does anybody know a cheap fast&safe shipping method? I didn't choose a shipping method yet...

That is an awesome mustang. I like it stock, but it's your guitar so have fun with it.

I have a '78 mustang too. It had a maple neck but I recently swapped on a '73 rosewood board neck since the frets were all worn on the original maple neck and it's expensive to have fretwork done on a maple neck.

Before & After

I'll replace the pickguard to white pearl, and add a dark grey competition stripes

3378241.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trust me, it'll look great. My '93 strat-ultra has the same maple neck, black body with dark silver comp stripes. It's just my thing.

I'll replace the pickguard to white pearl, and add a dark grey competition stripes

here's my crappy design by Paint. I had to draw the neck and the comp stripes. I'm kind of good at art(not because I'm Korean. no stereotype), but using the mouse to draw is just awful

3378241.jpg

comp stripes, yes

new p/guard no, keep the black :wink:

comp stripes, yes

new p/guard no, keep the black :wink:

bzpzqkbwkkgrhgohd4ejlll.jpg

it does look good, but if I'm going to keep the pickguard, I might as well just leave it like David Gilmour strat. but good idea though

and sorry for the crappy drawing :(

I recently paid it by paypal, so it will come around this week or so. I'll upload some pictures and sound test.

Congratulations on your new axe. The pearloid pickguard looks great with that Maple neck...I'd have to vote no stripes.

Enjoy!

JB, that blond's sweeet!

thanks. I'll change the pickguard right away, but I'll have to wait a couple weeks to put on the comp stripes. with or without the stripes, it looks great. I hope it sound as good as it looks.