Outputs 8 ohm and 16 ohm Speaker Outs

Construction Enamelled Steel Chassis Mounted In A Heavy Duty Cabinet

Pre-amp Valves 3X Groove tubes/ 1X Svetlana

Power-amp Valves 4 X EL84 pentodes

Dimensions 21.5" X 9.5" X 9.5"

Gross Weight 55 lbs

Orange%20AD30HTC.jpg

oh i forgot about the Thunderverb

Twin channel Class A/B amplifier. All valve, 200 watt RMS, channel switching head with footswitchable attenuator, valve FX loop and valve driven reverb. This amplifier sports two clean / crunch / lead channels which each have three stages of gain. Channel A has the same three band EQ as the lead channel used on the Rockerverb series. Channel B has a new shape control that scoops the mids and increases the bass and treble when turned up.

This head also has a footswitchable attenuator for those really loud lead breaks. Nothing can match the bone crushing, bottom-end punch of this big stage tone machine. Even when used quietly you know you are commanding serious power. A full three-inch 'Dual Snake 8' transformer ensures that the bottom end is kept fast and tight and the upper mids and top end are kept sweet and musical at any volume. The Extended Tonal Range enables this revolutionary amplifier also to be used as a bass head.

CHECKOUT THE ORANGE PPC412-HP8 ENCLOSURE FOR MAX TONE

SPECIFICATIONS

# Channel A Controls: Gain, Shape, Volume.

# Channel B Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Volume.

# Foot-switchable Controls: Reverb & Attenuator

# Output: 200w RMS

# Valves: Preamp - 4 x ECC83, Output 2 x 6550 / KT88, Reverb & FX Loop: 2 x ECC81

# Weight: 30Kgs

thunderverb50_1(3711).jpg

The AD 140 HTC is a 140-Watt, dual-channel guitar amp. The build quality is really, really good. You won't be finding any plastic components other than the knobs on this amp. The faceplate is steel, the back panel is steel and the head case is heavy plywood wrapped in the signature orange tolex. Inside, wiring is neat and cleanly routed to the PC boards. The transformers (often overlooked even though they're the heart of a great amp) are monsters, big enough to deliver the tone we all associate with good tube gear. All of this adds up to two things, a great quality and really heavy (52 lbs.) head!

The controls are identical on both channels. Bass, middle, treble are all you need for EQ, and gain and volume take care of the preamp (4 12 AX7s) and power amp (4 EL 34s) stages. I have to confess to being a fan of this simple, classic approach, no push-pull knobs, no boost switches, and no EQ shift options, just the basics. My general impression of the amp was that it adhered to the same philosophy shown in its controls, a straightforward classic sounding amp. One characteristic that did stand out was the amount of bottom end the AD 140 puts out; this is one "thumpy" amp. That being said, there's nothing to dislike about a nice, tight, punchy low end!

Channel one is voiced for greater headroom and it delivers admirably on this front. A nice, snappy clean sound is easy to dial in without much fuss. As you bring up the gain into overdrive you get a good amount of crunch while retaining detail. Even wide open (look out, this is a 140-watt amp and it gets pretty damn loud!) channel one doesn't get too saturated but at the extreme it does get a little bit 'loose' in an entirely expectable way. Channel two is voiced for a little more gain and is my fave of the two. A little bit brighter and an earlier breakup mark the sound of this ...

Orange-AD140HTC_front.jpg

the only thing i dont like about orange stacks are they are backbreaking i mean the head alone is 30KG!! the cabs must be SOOO heavy! i think you are going to need casters!

Rocker 30 would be good, however if your going for a stack the Thunderverb 50 would also be an excellent choice, as well as the AD140 that everyone has mentioned. I wont get into specs as they have been pretty much covered all ready but the best idea is to find a license Orange dealer in your area that has a full line and pay a visit try some things out and see what you like best.

The Rocker/Rockerverb series is really my favorite though, sometimes the AD's sound a little shrill to me but it depends on the player really.

If you want to go all the way into metal territory then the Rockerverb series are your best bet.

I personally like the RV50 best. The RV50 and 100 both have an extra gain stage than the Rocker 30.

The AD series will do classic rock beautifully but won't get you into higher gain territory.

The Rockerverbs are the most versatile of the Orange amps imo.

I had an RV50 up until last week and regretfully had to get rid of it but without question my favourite amp ever.

Although I'm an ultra-technical type and absolute control freak when it comes to many things, I have found that I get the most inspiration and productivity from the most simple of equipment; as in something that you just plug in, adjust volume and you've got great tone... When my equipment is full of knobs, I tend to play WITH it, as opposed to just PLAYING...

Hence, my plug is for the Tiny Terror (either head or combo...). Super simple. Killer tone. Not to mention, great price! This sucker is only 15 watts, but you will find that it is more than enough for even a larger venue!!! It's also perfect for studio use as you can put it down to 7 watts and get all the saturation and gain you want at a usable volume that won't have you ordering new mic capsules, very important if don't have piles of cash to throw down...

head:

pop-TT%20&%20Bag.jpg

Combo:

pop-TT15C_tipped%20copy.jpg