DanElectro Dead On '67 Guitar

Have you played one yet? They're really not all that great. They're uber light (like... a pound and a half max) and the paintjob they put on those guys is what half the cost is. Jangle single coils sound nice though. Guitar feels flimsy in my hands. The trem rout is on the back of the guitar and it has this weird spring design, you'll have to see for yourself. There is this cheap metal cover on the back covering up the spring, and it falls off all the time. The tremolo puts the guitar out of tune super easily too.

If I had one, I'd take off the trem (and I love trem, believe me).

You might love it, you really might. I liked it enough to play it for an hour at guitar center... but next to my jaguar, there is no way it'll get played.

EDIT: The bridge is the worst part of the guitar. it's just a piece of rosewood. No intonation dude.

I played one of these at Guitar Center the other day, i was suprised how good the lipstick pickups sounded.

The feel of the guitar was pretty good also, the whole guitar is painted with a flat/satin finish.

And yeah, one thing that i did notice is the intonation was off, and i did not see a way to ajust it. Although i have read in descriptions that it IS ajustable. (i'd like to know how).

There isnt any grooves in the bridge to hold the strings, do if your heavy handed, they will slide, and make the guitar go out of tune.

The action was a tad high, but not to bad. the tuners looked like 'Kluson' copies and worked good.

The trem was 'ok'. but i would never use it. The guitar is made in China.

They run about $300 new, ive seen them go on ebay used for about $200-$250. i would probably get one, the ugly green one.

Went to GC with cash in hand to buy one...played it and walked out.

Honestly they are crap. I really really really REALLY wanted to like these but they just feel like cheap cheapness all over. Intonation was a joke and yeah the guy at GC says "oh yeah it's totally adjustable dude" (*said in best stoner voice possible) so I handed it to him and said "great why don't you show me how" "uuuuhhhhh....yeah bro, I'm not a guitar tech so...yeah...I don't know"

I hate all things GC!!! :-mad

But the guitar was a peice of junk either way.

Went to GC with cash in hand to buy one...played it and walked out.

Honestly they are crap. I really really really REALLY wanted to like these but they just feel like cheap cheapness all over. Intonation was a joke and yeah the guy at GC says "oh yeah it's totally adjustable dude" (*said in best stoner voice possible) so I handed it to him and said "great why don't you show me how" "uuuuhhhhh....yeah bro, I'm not a guitar tech so...yeah...I don't know"

I hate all things GC!!! :-mad

But the guitar was a peice of junk either way.

win

dont know if i would actually need to own one but its still fvcking cool.
+1.

For years i have wanted a Dano, i love that Lo-Fi retro vibe but it is everything opposite what works for me sonically. I hot rod all my Fenders, in fact i should probably be playing something like a ESP Jeff Hanneman model. But, like Mad-Mike, my passion is Offsets so we carry on flying the rock flag that way.

dont know if i would actually need to own one but its still fvcking cool.
+1.

For years i have wanted a Dano, i love that Lo-Fi retro vibe but it is everything opposite what works for me sonically. I hot rod all my Fenders, in fact i should probably be playing something like a ESP Jeff Hanneman model. But, like Mad-Mike, my passion is Offsets so we carry on flying the rock flag that way.

Indeed sir but i'm quite pleased at the fact that you wouldn't see many bands where the guitarist plays both a 59DC and a Supersonic. PARP!