Hey all, first time long time. I've owned the jagstang long enough to know that before its ever going to be of notable value in the long years to come,,,it needs to be played in the meantime, ahem,,,which also means its needs to be modified! So i'm going Duncan JB in bridge first. My question is which one, sh-4 or tb-4? anyone know which kurt used? I hear the trembucker (tb) is for floating trems which these guitars have, but is that what i should buy? is there a difference other than pole spacing? Curious on thoughts on other must do mods, thanks guys, really appreciate your help.

I don't think it will without taking a file to the pickguard.

And just before you blow $80 on a JB, may I first recommend GFS Crunchy PATs

http://store.guitarfetish.com/humbuckers.html

They come in a number of different colors. They're 14k, so slightly less hot than the JB but every bit as good and they're only $25!!

I recently built a guitar and I have a matching set of these in it and it sounds fantastic.

ya i 've heard of these guy's and heard good things about them, not sure i'll get them for the jag stang project, but i wonder if htey would be a good fit for a mexi strat upgrade, or i like the idea of builiding your own guitar, that would be a cool project.

Im pretty sure that Kurt used the Sh-4. I just had one installed in my JS and it sounds amazing. :-)

I have a SH-4 in another guitar but the specs of this other guitar are so far away from the jagstang that I can't really compare them.

The Jagstang's stock pickup sounds brither (which I like a lot) but a little bit less bassy (which I don't dislike either), the jag also seems hotter.

How different did it get when you swapped it out for the SH4?

thanks

When I put the SH4 in my JS I got a lot more punch of course with the hotter humbucker, also a it seems a tad more bass, but overall the guitar retains its unique sound which is one thing I really love about it, a very cool sounding guitar.

With the added bass and output, did you lose the high end?

Thanks

When I put the SH4 in my JS I got a lot more punch of course with the hotter humbucker, also a it seems a tad more bass, but overall the guitar retains its unique sound which is one thing I really love about it, a very cool sounding guitar.

Thanks

Change the cap to one of lower value and the pots to a higher value and you get your high end back :wink:

Thanks

Change the cap to one of lower value and the pots to a higher value and you get your high end back :wink:

I don't have much experience with guitar electronic, what is the cap?

Dude don't waste our time bashing the Jag-Stang. If you find them to be so horrible why are they worth the time you spent posting in this forum? I agree they are a prototype but that is why many people love them, because you can buy one and shape it to fit your needs. And the insensitive comment about Kurt Cobain's death isn't cool either man.

Today and last night I spent some time playing both my JS-100 loaded with a JB in the bridge and my stock jagstang through my marshall Jubilee half stack for the distortion and through my marshall MKII half stack for the clean and crunch.

As surprising as it might seen the stock jabstang's pickup sounded the best to me overall and with very little tweaking on the amp I could get as heavey as the JB.

Now maybe the JB would sound different in the jagstang then it does in the Js-100, I'll have to try.

Does anybody else like the stock pickups?