The GFS News thread - NEW GUITAR KITS + jazzy pickups!!

Thought I'd post this thread to keep everybody on the lookout for the latest GFS stuff.

For those who don't know already, there are the GFS offset line of guitars:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvseofgu.html

They are making those LP and SG kits out of REAL MAHOGANY instead of lemur houses like gibson do nowadays:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gukibuityo.html

And there are some new strat and tele necks and bodies as well as the long awated jackson neck with floyd nut although they still have the unfinished ones:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/necksandbodies1.html

And some good deals to be had in the clearance section as usual :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the orange jazzmaster copy on the way,should have it in a few days.

Yeah, I am so curious about how they will sound. The Look the Look, now we need to see if they Talk the Talk :-D

By the way, GREAT idea for a thread, McCon. I spend a bit of time on the GFS site, but very rarely do I explore the whole thing.

At the moment I am looking for a replacement humbucker for my 51, so I might take a peek now...

Well I got the guitar today but did not have time to do a demo but I will say its very light and the pickups sound awesome,it gets some very heavy distortion that I was not expecting,very killer tone.

The trem does work well but its real touchy and some of the frets are a bit messed up,on the 17th fret the hight e string grips on the fret,I want to fix it but I don't want to make it worse,it still plays just fine the way it is but hey its a 200 guitar so Im not to worried.

Im going to take the guitar apart later and take some pics for you guys.

oh and the bridge works nice,no buzz at all,I kind of like it better than my mustang bridge. :)

Thought I'd post this thread to keep everybody on the lookout for the latest GFS stuff.

For those who don't know already, there are the GFS offset line of guitars:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvseofgu.html

They are making those LP and SG kits out of REAL MAHOGANY instead of lemur houses like gibson do nowadays:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gukibuityo.html

But the lemur houses were Rosewood for the fretboard not mahogany nice try though i still LOL'd :lol:

Nice to know they don't have a swimming pool rout. Think I might buy one soon. I'd probably stick a CBS Squier neck on it though.

:-hmmm

Whats so ' :-hmmm ' about that?? A swimming pool route is when they cut out the cavity right across where the pickups are. Fran's build had it. Some people find it less favourable because it causes microphonics because the pickguard vibrates slightly.

Nice to know they don't have a swimming pool rout. Think I might buy one soon. I'd probably stick a CBS Squier neck on it though.

:-hmmm

Whats so ' :-hmmm ' about that?? A swimming pool route is when they cut out the cavity right across where the pickups are. Fran's build had it. Some people find it less favourable because it causes microphonics because the pickguard vibrates slightly.

oh wait i thought it said 'nice to know they have a swimming pool route' :lol:

my bad :oops:

• 3 weeks later...
Earl Slick! Love his stuff on Bowie's Station to Station.

I looked the the chorus pedal. The 'wide' demo sounded really nice, but the 'deep' demo sounded like crap.

No way I would buy a pedal without trying it anyway...

Robb, I think I remember you were looking for a Chorus, I would recommend (if you can find one to try) a Danelectro Fab Chorus... The way I have mine set, it sounds exactly like the start of Teenage Riot or Candle, and because they're plastic (although it's very thick plastic and won't break unless you stamp on it really hard), they are really cheap.

Earl Slick! Love his stuff on Bowie's Station to Station.

I looked the the chorus pedal. The 'wide' demo sounded really nice, but the 'deep' demo sounded like crap.

No way I would buy a pedal without trying it anyway...

Robb, I think I remember you were looking for a Chorus, I would recommend (if you can find one to try) a Danelectro Fab Chorus... The way I have mine set, it sounds exactly like the start of Teenage Riot or Candle, and because they're plastic (although it's very thick plastic and won't break unless you stamp on it really hard), they are really cheap.

There is a music store here in Melbourne that I know stack Dano pedals. I'm only passively looking. Using Teenage Riot as an example is a good hook for me, because it's definitely a subtle sound that I will be aiming for.

I was actually looking for a reverb pedal a while ago, and people recommended the Dano Fab Echo. It seems they do some good stuff on the cheap. That fits in well for me :-D

I might try one this weekend if I find the time. The Chorus, that is.