FENDER THEORY! NEW MUSTANGS!!

punkacc9

You know how U.S. just got the new jgas from japan? I was on ebay and this store from japan is selling brand new mustangs that were left handed, different colors/comp stripes and etc. and they were mostly 73's. Is fender Japan planning on bringing a new line of mustangs to the U.s. like they did with the new Jag? The guitars are at a reasonable price too. They also had lefty jags and jazzmasters and a bunch of other leftys. Maybe fender is making a new lefty line!

CHECK IT OUT!

http://myworld.ebay.com/billcasexu1981/

You know how U.S. just got the new jgas from japan? I was on ebay and this store from japan is selling brand new mustangs that were left handed, different colors/comp stripes and etc. and they were mostly 73's. Is fender Japan planning on bringing a new line of mustangs to the U.s. like they did with the new Jag? The guitars are at a reasonable price too. They also had lefty jags and jazzmasters and a bunch of other leftys. Maybe fender is making a new lefty line!

CHECK IT OUT!

http://myworld.ebay.com/billcasexu1981/

Hmm, i don't know if they will bring these new Mustangs out in the US etc.

But even if they did, they will be expensive as ####........ (look at the Fender site)

Why would anyone pay those prices, plus $100.00 shipping?

Some lefties may not see any other option, I guess. But can't most of those axes be found in the US? New, or probably on the used market? And the vintage market for some guitars is actually reasonable compared to Fender Japan's new guitar prices. Some vintage Mustangs can be had for about what Japan is charging. My '65 was actually a lot less, though it had been refinished. I bet some Fender Hurricanes can be found cheap right now...and a more important bet would be that in 25 years many Hurricanes will have super-inflated price tags!

But then again, I was scanning the vintage guitars on Ebay yesterday and some of those prices were about double what I understand the vintage market experts would estimate. Guess there's always one person with cash to burn...

doug has a point.

that is too much to pay for a "paint job"

you would be much better off just buying a second hand stang, and modifing it to your specs.

think about it.

500 bucks, 200 bucks worth of upgrades, you get a killer stang for 700 bones.

or pay over 1100, and then spend another 200 to get it the way you want.

its a cool color, but that is alot of coin.

especially since i remember the vintage stuff going for that much and less.

those were the good ole days......

I think if Fender really were to put out some new Mustangs, I'd love to see them mess with pickup arrangements, maybe some official Kurt Cobain models, and maybe even alternate electronics of the sort. Paintjobs are cool, but it's pretty much the same guitar, slab body, contoured, or contoured ash. Maybe a Mustang HH, or a Mustang Active, or a Mustang with Series/Parallel or 3 pickups. Maybe even a single pickup no pickguard Mustang.

I think if Fender really were to put out some new Mustangs, I'd love to see them mess with pickup arrangements, maybe some official Kurt Cobain models, and maybe even alternate electronics of the sort. Paintjobs are cool, but it's pretty much the same guitar, slab body, contoured, or contoured ash. Maybe a Mustang HH, or a Mustang Active, or a Mustang with Series/Parallel or 3 pickups. Maybe even a single pickup no pickguard Mustang.

Exactly!!!!!!!!

+ 1

• 9 months later...

Why would anyone pay those prices, plus $100.00 shipping?

Some lefties may not see any other option, I guess. But can't most of those axes be found in the US? New, or probably on the used market? And the vintage market for some guitars is actually reasonable compared to Fender Japan's new guitar prices. Some vintage Mustangs can be had for about what Japan is charging. My '65 was actually a lot less, though it had been refinished. I bet some Fender Hurricanes can be found cheap right now...and a more important bet would be that in 25 years many Hurricanes will have super-inflated price tags!

But then again, I was scanning the vintage guitars on Ebay yesterday and some of those prices were about double what I understand the vintage market experts would estimate. Guess there's always one person with cash to burn...

Just stumbled upon this thread and realised i actually bought my 69RI lefthanded mustang from this seller about a year ago. It cost about $1350AUS including postage from Japan. It was my only choice as there were no LH mustangs for sale in australia. The price is just for the australian market. I also upgraded th pups to fralins so its a pricey little re-issue

:[

Just stumbled upon this thread and realised i actually bought my 69RI lefthanded mustang from this seller about a year ago. It cost about $1350AUS including postage from Japan. It was my only choice as there were no LH mustangs for sale in australia. The price is just for the australian market. I also upgraded th pups to fralins so its a pricey little re-issue

:[

I got the same guitar for $750AUS, sucks to be left handed :angry:

• 4 weeks later...