i don't think that cables have a significant effect on tone, at least not after a buffer, which is why i used to buy the cheapest cables i could find. and now, they're all breaking...

what cables do you guys recommend? (keeping in mind that price is an issue.) I also abuse my cables quite a bit, so it needs to be sturdy.

i only use cables from alpha audio,

they are cheaper than the cables in stores and last longer to me.

also they make custom cables and pretty much anything you could ask for

I use monster cables. they have a lifetime warranty so i wont ever have to buy anymore cables. ive never had them fail on me after years of use from practices to playin several shows a month. the other guitarist in my band uses them also and he had to replace a cable. he sent the broken 1 back and they sent him a brand new 1. so their customer service is good and reliable also.

actually just got my first "good" cable in a monster, I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend that much on all of them, but I think I'll cave.

Monster's are really great cables and I wont try and argue with you but cables do have a fair amount of effect on your signal imo.

I use monster cables. they have a lifetime warranty so i wont ever have to buy anymore cables. ive never had them fail on me after years of use from practices to playin several shows a month. the other guitarist in my band uses them also and he had to replace a cable. he sent the broken 1 back and they sent him a brand new 1. so their customer service is good and reliable also.

i may have to buy 2 or 3 of them now. . as my main long cables...

i may have to buy 2 or 3 of them now. . as my main long cables...

i use 3 of them. 12ft, 21ft and a 8inch in between my pedals. the 8inch is nice cause both ends are angled.

sadly, i use quite a lot of pedals. . . and i cant be bothere to buy 12 expensive patch cables lol.

nah i dont buy expensive patch cables i use the cheap ones but for my connection from pedals to guitar to i have 2 monster cables.

sadly, i use quite a lot of pedals. . . and i cant be bothere to buy 12 expensive patch cables lol.

nah i dont buy expensive patch cables i use the cheap ones but for my connection from pedals to guitar to i have 2 monster cables.

yeah, i buy the cheap colourful patch cables.

my friend spent

I'm pretty sure thats how it works, if they break you send them to Monster Cables and they send you a new one they have a lifetime warranty.

wil have to get some then :P

Just wondering.... is it possible to connect a head to a cab with normal guitar cable? Or is speaker cable much higher rated?

yes you can. but get a proper speaker cable in the long run

Proper speaker cables are shielded differently. You shouldn't use a regular guitar lead as a speaker cable because the shielding causes inductance that apparently damages things (I can't remember where I read this, or the exact details of it, as you can probably tell).

Conversely, you could use a speaker cable as a guitar lead and it wouldn't do any harm, but you'd get really horrendous noise from it.