• Joe Perry
    • Randy Rhoads
    • Synyster Gates
    • CC. Deville
    • Buck Dharma
    • Eddie Van Halen
    • Other

David Pajo (Papa M, Aerial M)

Love Pajo's work.. and lets not forget his involvment with Slint, Zwan, and now a touring member of Interpol ;)

I love Pajo so much. I don't know that much of him except for his solo stuff and a bit of Slint but that's it.

Wasn't he on tour with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs too ?

My favorite guitarist is below, and there are so many guitarist in my list,

Kurt Cobain

Joe Perry

Synyster Gates

Eddie Van Halen

CC. Deville

Van Halen is my favorite Guitarist. He is the greatest guitarist who ever walked this earth. Also, I like Gus G has his stuff in Firewind and Dream Evil blows my mind, not because its overly difficult or technical but because imo that is metal, his rythem riffs and his solos can only be described as metal.

oh my freaking gosh!!!!! cobainjagstang123 has started cloning himself and is soon gonna take over the freaking world!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your 'freaking' count must have doubled over the last fortnight glenn! :lol:

Van Halen is my favorite Guitarist. He is the greatest guitarist who ever walked this earth. Also, I like Gus G has his stuff in Firewind and Dream Evil blows my mind, not because its overly difficult or technical but because imo that is metal, his rythem riffs and his solos can only be described as metal.

Which is why they're bland and one-dimensional?

I used to think that way too esp. Dave Navarro came in (which I think was technically far superior that JF)...Dave made me pick the guitar and quit playing the bass

I used to think that Californication was 'wimpy' but after years of listening to that album esp. with the memories, experiences embedded with that 'simple, not so technical Peppers' music, it made a special place in my heart. It has a certain maturity level to it (and way much easier to play :lol: ) with less is more. Funk Rock or Funk Metal has been so overplayed over the years that bands like Phish, Living Colour, Screaming Headless Torsos, early Incubus just sounded too 'generic' at jam-times hence the Peppers had to innovate and approach their music in a different way(and capitalize on Under the Bridge-melodicism and success)...they quit on copying Jimi Hendrix funk and went for the Durutti Column post-punk sound

they may suck now, but they earned a Grammy over this and earned more money ;)

Chilli peppers blow big time.

BSSM was their last good album.

I have to agree, one of the best albums of the 90's. But I did like One Hot Minute. I haven't liked much of what they have done since then.

20 years is a long time to be dropping in quality. Almost as bad as Metallica, IMO they haven't done much worth listening to since And Justice...

I have to agree, one of the best albums of the 90's. But I did like One Hot Minute. I haven't liked much of what they have done since then.

20 years is a long time to be dropping in quality. Almost as bad as Metallica, IMO they haven't done much worth listening to since And Justice...

One Hot Minute used to be my most favorite album of all time...and a lot of people did'nt dig this due to the heavy, trippy, Jane's Addiction-ish sound. I think that the Flea-Dave Navarro combo is one of the best team-ups in rock music(kinda like Les Claypool-Trey Anastasio compatilbilty imho) they just naturally gel

And Justice ... was badass even with 'not so apparent' basslines. The mixing of the album really blows :-hateit but I still dig this over Master of Puppets :twisted:

One Hot Minute used to be my most favorite album of all time...and a lot of people did'nt dig this due to the heavy, trippy, Jane's Addiction-ish sound. I think that the Flea-Dave Navarro combo is one of the best team-ups in rock music(kinda like Les Claypool-Trey Anastasio compatilbilty imho) they just naturally gel

And Justice ... was badass even with 'not so apparent' basslines. The mixing of the album really blows :-hateit but I still dig this over Master of Puppets :twisted:

I never understood the Navarro-bashing re: Chili Peppers, I thought at the time (and still think to this day) that he was exactly what the band needed at that point in time. There really is some great stuff on One Hot Minute, even if it is a bit inconsistent overall. When I listen to it, it always strikes me just how much the album really does sound like Jane's Addiction. I find it hard to believe that Navarro had THAT MUCH control over the final product. I think it was a deliberate move on the part of the band, and Navarro sadly became the scapegoat when the album was poorly recieved.

The whole thing about the bass on And Justice has always been unfortunate, but Hetfield once pointed out (and I agree with him) that most of Newsteads lines were just doubling the guitars, and just got a bit buried. Seems to be true to a certain point. That said, the mixing still sux. It's almost what I like to call a "proto-Black Metal" mix, with all the lows and highs mixed out, and just a stack of mids remaining.

My fave of Metallica is Ride the Lightning, without question. Kirk even has a bit of variety in his solos on that one, not just playing the same damn solo in every damn song. :-D

Personally I could never see RHCP without Froosh and his funk-styled playing. Don't listen to them so I wouldn't have a clue really.

it appears that Frusciante is the RHCP-sound because most of their known hits were written with him. his low profile personality just contrasts with the holywood-suck-my-dick vibe of Keidis & Flea

Really? MOP is a classic but i've only ever heard One from AJFA.

I TOLD YOU TO LISTEN TO IT BLOODY AGES AGO GAAHHH *Head explodes*

Ride The Lightning is my favourite, but Justice is probably a close second. I actually prefer Load to the Black Album TBH. It's underrated IMO. Not great, but still solid.

Ah you did too. My brother has it but i keep forgetting to borrow it.

I shall rectify this situation post haste.

@Henry, slag Mustaine off one more time and i shall return to calling you P#ng# !