Help! Series/Parallel on 08 MIJ Jag.

This is what I think I've done so far:

2uzcck4.jpg

My pickups are SD Antiquities and they have 4 solder points on each pickup, I thought I'd say.

Anyway. If I had both pickups on OFF position, they'd be in series? And the phase switch should work in all cases? I'm not an expert on electronic.

The problems I'm having so far:

When I have the neck switch on, it works as it's supposed to.

Same with the bridge. And same with "both on". Exactly as they're supposed to be. BUT

ALL down - only bridge pickup works

neck/bridge down + Former Bass-Cut up- nothing. Silence.

Neck up + former bass-cut up- neck pup.

ALL UP + former bass-cut up - nothing

Bridge up + former bass-cut - nothing

Can anyone analyze my schematics a bit and help me find the problem?

I think you need to remove the second ground wire leading from the bridge pickup to the volume pot. The pickup needs to be floating with regard to ground so that you can reverse phase (this is just switching the hot and ground leads from the pickup) and switch from parallel to series. There should be only one ground wire which connects to the phase switch (the former bass-cut switch). Try it and see what happens.

Best,

Chip

• 3 weeks later...

omg, got it working. the parallel wiring at least. will do the phase part later. anyway.. LOT's of more output, it's ballsy, not shrill and, wow, finally a middle position on my jag that i like. i like it, brings out more colors than the usual middle position. and when i hit the low e, it's like roooaarr. i wish that applied to all positions, but that's not possible. ): i'd SO much like my bridge pup get that power.

thanks for the help!

when i finish the phase part, i'll get plenty of sounds to experiment with.