hey guys, I'm looking for a really nasty, snarling fuzz, but one with a large frequency range, as I'm looking to put a wah after it. i'm also hoping it has loads of sustain, but that's about it. right now I'm looking into some devi ever stuff, namely the hyperion, aenima, and kareoke party. thanks for any recommendations!

wats ur budget?

i love teh fuzz, and have no idea about what kinda fuzz you want other than i think u said u wanted it to be crazy?

devi ever

Death by Audio Fuzz war

Wattson Superfuzz

Fuzz factory

Geiger Counter

just go and pro guitar shop and websites like that and go under fuzz.

but i i were you, stay away from fuzz factory.

If you want sustain stay clear of 'gated' fuzzes, as example; MXR Blue Box. Some of Devis stuff might be gated (not sure). TimHulio who sometimes posts here makes a clone of the infamous Shin-Ei companion fuzz which is easily one of the most brutal ever made.

On a budget, the Behringer Super Fuzz is excellent and has 3 modes, the Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz is also good.. a clone of the

Never played the 70, but I've played the peppermint fuzz a dozen times at guitar shows and ab'd it with the zvex. It's a big natural fuzz sound that has a swirling harmonic content that never breaks up into squelling oscillations. But I don't know how it would work with a wah.

Some things that I think I would personally prefer about the peppermint are the hi gain germanium transistors and the meticulous matching process Mike goes through with his transistors. While the fulltone seems like a different beast altogether with intentionally mismatched silicon transistors. So I dunno, I have a lot of respect for fulltone, I've owned two of his wahs and they were excellent. Its just different flavors of ice cream.

http://www.stompunderfoot.com/MUFFS.html

Matts a good guy who makes great pedals at very reasonable prices.

Avoid the Fuzz Factory like the plague if you want tonal variation, they're trebly, biting and a bit of a bitch to use plus so much of it is boring gated fuzz that you might as well get a Devi disaster fuzz.

Blackcat Superfuzz @ http://www.buyanalogman.com/Superfuzz_p ... erfuzz.htm

Wattson Superfuzz

Shin-Ei Fuzz wah

Maestro Fuzz Wah

Barge Concepts BP1