New Fenders/Squiers etc. for 2010

funtoosh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Jagmaster is a hybrid , I think Squier should rename that guitar because it seems more like a cheap copy of the kurt's jaguar and it has nothing of the jazzmaster .

Maybe they should create another guitar with a 25.5 scale lenght and some p90's to simulate the jazzy's sound. :roll:

On the topic of new Fenders, I just saw this on the main page. I know it's old news, but it's relevant...

http://www.jag-stang.com/2010/01/13/fen ... al-series/

The word that comes to mind for me is *yawn*!!! As mush as I love Fender, this truly is my pet hate about them. Instead of looking forward with new ideas and designs, they just make more 'series' of the same old guitars. The only get away with it because the guitars are such untouchable classics. American Standard, Highway One, Classic Player, Vintage Re-issue, and now American Special. Is there that much difference between all these incarnations of a strat REALLY???

*Climbs off soapbox*

this is a piece of news i really don't understand: apart from doing an FSR of blue & red jagmasters for the japanese market, squier japan has just done an FSR of cyclones:

http://www.fender.jp/squier/news/detail.php?aid=sw_0027

img10364814695.jpg

available in shell pink & yellow as well.

why the hell don't they sell them over here?

:-o:-P

yes!!!!

i'd convert two of them to a jag-SC in the neck and a humbucker-sized jazz-SC in the bridge, one set up for flat-wounds, the other for rounds. two would have mixed configuarations, S-H and H-S respectively, with some decent vintagy SD pickups. the other two i'd keep stock and use them for open tunings ... oh well, and all of that for the price of, uhm, about one AVRI jaguar.

this is a piece of news i really don't understand: apart from doing an FSR of blue & red jagmasters for the japanese market, squier japan has just done an FSR of cyclones:

img10364814695.jpg

*drools*

And boy do they look great! I will have to do some research into importing one. I don't even care what colour I get (just as long as it's yellow) : P

yeah, it probably wouldn't be that much of a problem, since you are not that far away from japan.

i've said before ... we need a couple japanese & chinese members! preferably some who are into import/export.

0337_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

img10364814695.jpg

*drools*

soo nice tge bkue is amazing

I saw in some pics of namm and a video in the customshop section a telemaster with a bigsby and a toronado. i could post these pics i took if you guys really wanna see them (screenshots)

Do it up!!!

They need to sell those Cyclones here so I could buy six more!

*drools* :-wow

ille do it sum time tomor

ille try to get them up how can i get one of these cyclones btw?

I saw in some pics of namm and a video in the customshop section a telemaster with a bigsby and a toronado. i could post these pics i took if you guys really wanna see them (screenshots)

Do it up!!!

They need to sell those Cyclones here so I could buy six more!

*drools* :-wow

ille do it sum time tomor

ille try to get them up how can i get one of these cyclones btw?

Move to Japan...

Slow down on the posts a bit man. You're being a tad insane...