ITT: Muffery

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liek my EHX Big Muff with Tone Wicker. Wat do u guys think? I knwo Kurdt dint us 1, but i still watn to konw wat u guys think

Teh tonez wikkorzz?! Teh KuRTz diddnt uSw toonzz wIKZer, u FAILZ.

If I understand it right, the tone wicker Muff is basically like the tone bypass switch on old Muffs, plus a high pass filter is it? It looks nice anyway, I haven't tried one but hear good things. I'm glad they've reintroduced the tone bypass switch 'cause I really like that feature.

I'm still not on board with the modern chassis though. I know they're more board-friendly and have a more universal power jack, but goddammit, I like my retro crap!

yeah we've talked about this before richie,

but i've gotta say i've been getting really tired of the odd jack placement and the enclosure sizes on my ehx pedals now that i'm actually assembling a board and not just throwing pedal out there on the floor. as much as i love the retro stuff, the new xo stuff is really growing on me for the compatibility they have. its nice to be able to plug something in without having to wire an adapter input and flip the jacks just to have it in a chain. end rant

That's fair enough, I can totally see the advantages, and I realise that prefering "vintage mojo" and stuff is slightly nonsensical, but...

... you have to remember that you're talking to someone who got an EH Holiest Grail for christmas. A pedal that's both enormous, and requires its own specific power supply.

Basically, my philosophy is, I like it as long as it sounds good and looks cool, all other considerations are entirely secondary and I'll just build around it if it's not the most convenient option. Probably not very wise, I know, but works for me.

i can agree with you there,

sometimes when i look at my russian muff sitting there missing screws, with a hand drilled and wired power jack, the little feedback switch i added, i just really appreciate it and the ability it gave me in messing around with wiring. and even though the XO stuff is supposedly the same wiring and layouts i just have no desire to open them up. something about the quirkiness of the old boxes gives it a timeless charm and they look so simple that you just HAVE to open them up

I liek my EHX Big Muff with Tone Wicker. Wat do u guys think? I knwo Kurdt dint us 1, but i still watn to konw wat u guys think

If I understand it right, the tone wicker Muff is basically like the tone bypass switch on old Muffs, plus a high pass filter is it? It looks nice anyway, I haven't tried one but hear good things. I'm glad they've reintroduced the tone bypass switch 'cause I really like that feature.

I'm still not on board with the modern chassis though. I know they're more board-friendly and have a more universal power jack, but goddammit, I like my retro crap!

it has a tone bypass like some vintage muffs did. And it also adjusts the values of the 3x 470pF caps, hence allowing more highs to pass thru (the wicker). I drew a schematic of it from my pedal but considering its new and I'm sorta affiliated with EHX I cant give the schematic out.

it has a tone bypass like some vintage muffs did. And it also adjusts the values of the 3x 470pF caps, hence allowing more highs to pass thru (the wicker). I drew a schematic of it from my pedal but considering its new and I'm sorta affiliated with EHX I cant give the schematic out.

That's cool. I didn't realise you were actually actively involved with them?

:idea:

You should get them to reissue the op-amp Big Muff!

I took a new pic of my muffs:

MYBIGMUFFS01.png

Muff induced bonarr... :shock:

Please get EHX to reissue the Op Amp Muff... If Fender could reissue the Jag-Stang for tEh Kurdtzz kidz, then surely they can reissue that for tEh Corganzz kidz...

Richie, that sounds a bit dodgy. He sounds like a bit of a fool imo, but I suppose at least it'll come eventually.

He's promised me it'll be here tomorrow before noon. I haven't responded, I'm just waiting to see if it does actually arrive by then. If it does, I'll blame the post office and thank him, positive feedback and all that. If it doesn't, I'll ask for my money back, and if he moans, I'll get onto eBay and Paypal about it. Simple really.

Basically, if it isn't here tomorrow, it was never meant to be...