Sign in to follow this  
Codog

Billy Corgan played a fender mustang

:-D Indeed he did. I'll post another vid later (when I'm not on my Ipod) of their first TV performance, it's shot professionally so you can see it really well. James looks so different it's just strange, and D'arcy looks really young. Apparently they stopped using the Mustang and Tele when they started making heavier music and Billy needed more sustain and James a thicker sound, so they switched to Strats and Les Pauls.

Ok here's the vid:

I love this video, for a massive fan like me it's so interesting to see them before they changed their style. It's funny, everyone thought they were leaving their roots behind when they made Adore, but they were really just going back to them. Billy sounds like the guy from Interpol here, he might be trying to imitate Ian Curtis even, or early Robert Smith.

It's always good to see another guitar hero who plays a Mustang.

I'm relatively new to electric guitar. The more I practice, and the better I get at using my guitar controls and amp controls, the more I love my Mustang. And it's 45 years old.

I read an interview with Billy where he mentioned that his first guitar was a Mustang. It's weird to actually see it though. I've seen Thurston Moore use a short scale guitar too, and on both of these TALL d00ds it looks weird.

I read somewhere that Billy started the pumpkins with an idea to merge The Cure with early Black Sabbath... I don't know if I heard from a reliable source, but I've always thought it sounded like an accurate description...

PS Billy corgan is my hero and I have lyrics from Luna tattooed accross my chest... Obsessed puts it lightly. I bought, sold, and traded so much gear trying to get my guitar to sound like Billy's... and how much does it suck tat Jessica Simpson dating him brings about so many negative comments about the d00d in all those tabloids? He's better-looking than the last guys she dated...