the thing is it drops all the way to the lead I thought it would be at hand level its not very easy to use

is this when its tightened fully?

just dont tighten it all the way, i only screw mine in about one or two rotations, to allow it to grip on, but be as high as possible.

I'm going to make myself a new tremolo arm, a bigger one, soon, while still being able to screw it in,

i may also make some stnd jazzy/jag tremolo arms too.

depends if I choose to make some for friends etc. and people on here,

watch this forum if u want to know.

Hi there,

What I meant was when I screw in the trem it doesnt stay in the place I want it to be it just sits really loose, its not ideal but I suppose it's just something I need to live with, might try a few things with rubber washers etc to try and keep it in place.

I'll send a photo of what I mean (prob not explaining myself properly :-) )

Tom

• 3 months later...

I know what you mean. My tremolo arm was always creaking & rattling & extremely loose. Banging against the lead, making a racket.

What you need is some thread seal tape. It's also called teflon tape or PTFE tape. You can find it in just about any hardware store (I found a roll at the local Wal-Mart) & sells for about a buck. Wrap some around the threaded part of the bar a few times. Preferably in the opposite direction you screw in the bar. Once you screw the bar in, no matter how many times around, it should hold in the position you desire.

I reckon duct tape would work as well but this technique should be a bit neater as the thread seal tape is smaller, thinner, & non-stick.

I can never get ptfe tape to work properly on my non-screw jaguar trem arm. The most successful thing was cutting electrical tape up to size and keeping it up that way...
The collet needs squeezing tighter underneath the trem. With constant use you bend the teeth so the arm ends up being loose.
What you need is some thread seal tape. It's also called teflon tape or PTFE tape. You can find it in just about any hardware store (I found a roll at the local Wal-Mart) & sells for about a buck. Wrap some around the threaded part of the bar a few times. Preferably in the opposite direction you screw in the bar. Once you screw the bar in, no matter how many times around, it should hold in the position you desire.

This is the technique I use. You will need to re-apply the PTFE tape quite often if you remove the trem arm frequently (I remove mine when putting it in the case).