DSCF0283.jpg

luckkkyyy that gold looks killer

Should be here by Friday next week!

He wrote it has:

"Seymore Duncan hot Jazzmaster pups"

May be picking up a 1970 comp orange 'stang too

DSCF0283.jpg

:-wow

AMAZING! I dig the vintage look! I hope you play the crap out of her. Use her in good health ;) .

lucky sod....

Tyvm! I will agree with that statement. Was pretty cheap too considering it already had upgraded pups in it.

Hot, is that a metal pickguard?!

Yeah, something like that, the technical term for it is, "anodized." Reminds me of the J Mascis Jazzy, which I hope to pick up soon. Don't know if I should go for that or the 'stang, probably the J Mascis one, same pickguard on it, I love the way it looks!

Is it an American Vintage or MIJ?

That's very classy, one of my favorite combo... two tone & that vintage style guard.

MIJ! Thank ya, I totally agree with ya there, love that combo.

He wrote it has:

DSCF0283.jpg

luckkkyyy that gold looks killer

Couldn't agree more!

He wrote it has:

DSCF0283.jpg

:-wow

AMAZING! I dig the vintage look! I hope you play the crap out of her. Use her in good health ;) .

The Jaguar will be getting a little break time that much can be said! I wouldn't be surprised if it gets ding'd up though with it's new owner, I'm pretty aggressive with my guitars when I forget what breaking it in any way possible means.

Was thinking of painting up the pup covers/rest of the white some other color, but I actually really like it with the plain white vs that old look.

Actually, '59 JMs had that colour scheme but with black pickup covers and knobs, look up pictures of them it actually looks really awesome, I'd recommend doing that.

I didn't find any pictures of em like that, but I only did a simple google search.

So I went to that dressing room on ofg.com and checked it out. I think I'm gonna keep it white...for a while at least.

Damn you, Jake. I'm gonna have to steal that now... :wink:

You can always try, just let me know when you want to give it a go, I wouldn't want to accidentally kill you or anything. With that being said, avoid the chocolates I have laid out on the plate, they are there to entice intruders, little do they know, they are full of glass.

You can always try, just let me know when you want to give it a go, I wouldn't want to accidentally kill you or anything. With that being said, avoid the chocolates I have laid out on the plate, they are there to entice intruders, little do they know, they are full of glass.

AHAHAH!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, '59 JMs had that colour scheme but with black pickup covers and knobs, look up pictures of them it actually looks really awesome, I'd recommend doing that.

No they didn't. There were a few pre production Jazzmasters that had black pickup covers but once they started official production in late 1958 they were all white.

Actually, '58 JMs had that colour scheme but with black pickup covers and knobs, look up pictures of them it actually looks really awesome, I'd recommend doing that.

No they didn't. There were a few pre production Jazzmasters that had black pickup covers but once they started official production in late 1958 they were all white.

Yeah that's what I was referring to, sorry. I didn't know what year they came into production, I really just meant the very first had them

Long story short, this sale didn't work out because of paypal. I was all ready to send this seller the money and then my new paypal set up through my debit card didn't work out, so I had to wait another 3 days to set it up. I lost internet connection for a few days making communication very hard, but, in the end he sold it before I could send him the cash. I just committed myself to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Told him I'd pay him 500 if his original auction, for 600 didn't work out. I really don't feel like waiting another 6 days, so what's 50 bucks? Gonna equip it with:

http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_jazzmaste ... -1435.html

Not sure what pups Imma get but I'm leaning towards Antiquity II's.

Cover colors though? If anyone knows where to get some chrome ones I'd definitely want to pick that up. Chrome/abalone top knobs. Mastery bridge. Gotoh tuning heads. Oh joy. More soldering in my future.

I can't wait to get this put together, I'm so excited!

Pup cover color suggestions though?

Based on the red, my first suggestion would be to go vintage: aged white covers with anodized aluminum pickguard. Red tort would also look great.

However, seeing that you're committed to the abalone, I'd say stick with some basic black or white covers and avoid the abalone knobs. The knobs would just make it look gaudy. Set it up with some sleek black or chrome witch hats.

This is all just my taste though, I've no right to decide what goes on your Jazzmaster. I remember seeing a Jag with an abalone pickguard and mixed black/white covers and thinking it looked pretty classy.

I can't wait to get this put together, I'm so excited!

Pup cover color suggestions though?

Based on the red, my first suggestion would be to go vintage: aged white covers with anodized aluminum pickguard. Red tort would also look great.

However, seeing that you're committed to the abalone, I'd say stick with some basic black or white covers and avoid the abalone knobs. The knobs would just make it look gaudy. Set it up with some sleek black or chrome witch hats.

This is all just my taste though, I've no right to decide what goes on your Jazzmaster. I remember seeing a Jag with an abalone pickguard and mixed black/white covers and thinking it looked pretty classy.

I ordered some off white covers, we'll see how it looks all put together, if anything I may just paint it.