jag-stang current price?

hi all! i'm just trying to get an insurance quote sorted out and they want to know haw much each indavidual guitar is worth. i got current prices for all except my jag stang! it is a origonal guitar (not a re-issue) in feista red, with a very slight bit of paint work damage by the rear strap button. other than that its in near perfect condition. i bought it around 2 years ago for 650 (pounds sterling), not sure what this would be in dollars or euros at the moment! does any one have any rough ideas what the current value of a jag stang of this age and condition would be worth? :-hmmm

• 1 month later...

I actually just picked up a blue one up at the Sam Ash at 48th St (Use to be Manny's Music) for $400 including case. No scratches or dent's and I'm assuming it's one of the later reissues. As for Value, they tend to go for about $500 to $550 on eBay, judging from the completed listings.

This talk of price though brings up an interesting question... How much do you think a Jagstang will go for in about 20 years? I ask this because now that they have been discontinued (at least temporarily) I'm wondering if scarcity will drive up prices... For all you economists out there, how much would you expect the price to increase (or decrease) on either:

A. Mint condition Jagstang?

or

B. A modified Jagstang?

I figure I should get some estimates before I mess up mine ;) Let's hear some guesses...

Allright you right-handed guys!!! Try to found a lefty JS sonic blue... Good luck! When you'll found it, If you found one... try to have it for a good price... Good Luck again!

Just before Christmas 2009, It was common to see 1500$ for a mint lefty jagstang...

Mine is just perfect and do not sound like crap!

Sorry, right-handed guy but that the "everyday reality" of a left-handed player... always spend more money for the same exact product! Just ask Ned Flanders!

Allright you right-handed guys!!! Try to found a lefty JS sonic blue... Good luck! When you'll found it, If you found one... try to have it for a good price... Good Luck again!

Just before Christmas 2009, It was common to see 1500$ for a mint lefty jagstang...

Sorry, right-handed guy but that the "everyday reality" of a left-handed player... always spend more money for the same exact product! Just ask Ned Flanders!

Fair enough, but i still don't think JS are worth 1500 but that's just me if you love it that's all that matters.

Fair enough, but i still don't think JS are worth 1500 but that's just me if you love it that's all that matters.

yeah jag-stangs are worth at most 850 (all stock) any more and I'll feel like I'd spent to much. I mean I've seen people get mint ones for only around 400 bucks!