Unreliable, or so I've heard/seen.

You can see that wire in the picture. It apparently snaps and is a bit of a bitch to fix. : /

Though they have a massive sweep.

meh, i can see how some people would see that as a down side but it's not really a problem for me. i mean i don't even break behringer pedals... but for some people it would be offputting.

Well... I wonder why slash uses a piece of poo for his wah... it is REALLY GOOD OK

For a start, slash isn't exactly an amazing guitarist. He is the definition of generic. Plus, I doubt he even uses it. I've seen the videos. Just because people are signed to a particular make, doesn't mean they use it for recording. I know Megadeth never used crates to record CTE and Youth while they were being endorsed, they used CAE preamps and VHT poweramps.

Or, big example: Did TeH kurTdZ use the jagstang much? HELL no.

Right, back on the subject of Wah... Today I found out my Crybaby is True Bypass. It's secondhand, so I'm pretty sure it's modded now, because I'm pretty sure Crybabys have never been TB stock. It might have been modded in other ways too, I A/B'ed it with a modern one and it sounded better, less shrill.

I have a old black jimi hendrix wah that sounds sick with distortion, i bought it secondhand for $50 and it looks like the only thing the previous owner changed was the pot to a dunlop hot potz II unless they are standard. I've tried the new one with the aluminum top and mine definately sounds better